81 Malibu project restarting

MalibuDavyou5

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2020
Wyoming
Looking at your Malibu, I am noticing the height at which the front end sits, similar to my Malibu. Now it's got me wondering if this is the front end height is the way it came from factory. Only reason I mention it, is because I am scared the tires are going to rub on the fender :eek:.

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
Looking at your Malibu, I am noticing the height at which the front end sits, similar to my Malibu. Now it's got me wondering if this is the front end height is the way it came from factory. Only reason I mention it, is because I am scared the tires are going to rub on the fender :eek:.
I have Hotchkis springs all around with 1/2 a coil cut off the front. The rally wheels I had on the front were rubbing so I have to address that. That’s why I have mismatched wheels right now.

Reactions: 1 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Only G body ever in that one too. It’s only a year old.
same here going on 20 years with this one.
1212151214.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Oh My apologies,i thought you ment the booth was only a year old and your gbody was the only one in there.my mistake.i replied my booth was twenty years old and my gbody's the only one that's been in there.:) sorry bout that.I'm close though going on 15 years with the elco.
Getting it all sealed up is a good feeling,milestone for sure.

Reactions: 2 users

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
Oh My apologies,i thought you ment the booth was only a year old and your gbody was the only one in there.my mistake.i replied my booth was twenty years old and my gbody's the only one that's been in there.:) sorry bout that.I'm close though going on 15 years with the elco.
Getting it all sealed up is a good feeling,milestone for sure.
You were correct. I was just being a little jealous that you’re a lot further along than I am.

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
I have a bunch of parts from the H/O I scrapped to put on the car. To start I have front and rear F41 sway bars, 3.08 posi, quick steering box, and lower front fame braces. Those parts with the Hotchkis springs I have should transform the car a little bit. I ordered new spring perches and seals for the rear. I’ll weld them on and clean it up a bit before putting it under the car.
I also picked up a set of 15x7 rally’s that should fit on the front so I can have matching wheels again. I got them cheap so they need a bit of work. Good thing my buddy has a wheel repair shop and said I can use it to blast and powder prime the wheels.
I need to also put 3 point belts in the back
Right now I just want to get the car driving good so I can cruise it with my kids when life gets back to normal.

2B698764-34C2-489A-AA80-74CF3CEF9014.jpeg
AF391E19-4E53-4E6A-9B41-762ED3F4C736.jpeg
F28A0B82-615F-4F3B-94C5-3A6A9E5596B0.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
I removed the old brake backing plates yesterday and of course I snapped two bolts off on one side. I worked too late today to make it out to the garage to mess with it.
I also got my new spring perches today and they’re way too big to fit the springs. I guess I’ll have to modify them to fit.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor