MALIBU 81 Malibu Wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I was never a huge fan of the Monte Carlo SS/ Choo-Choo nose on a wagon, but some cars look good and others not so much.
This is one of the better looking cars that I've seen with that nose on it.
417894_10151386307373344_900724236_n.jpg

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users

jwobbles07

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 14, 2018
Los Alamos, NM
Thanks! Well I have to fix the suspension first. It was really really clapped out. Nothing like heating stock springs to lower it. The new lowering springs raised it quite a bit Previous owner(s) did some junk work. Other then that the hood is trash. The rims are great but way to small. Glad to here the 403 has potential. I've been doing a lot of research on it and people are on both sides of the fence about it. And the Malibu front end is long gone unfortunately.
springs.jpg

malibu.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
Is that camo on the bottom of the car??? I think that nose on the wagon is a neat piece, sure to confuse people when you're filling up at the gas station.

jwobbles07

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 14, 2018
Los Alamos, NM
Is that camo on the bottom of the car??? I think that nose on the wagon is a neat piece, sure to confuse people when you're filling up at the gas station.

It looks like it doesn't it? No, the previous owner had a mediocre paint job on it and did marbleizing on the bottom. I actually get way more looks and waves with this then I did with my 65 Dart.

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
That is super clean and simple.
Thank you sir.
Also, thank you for sharing the pics and giving us a rundown on what you're up to on your wagon.
It's always fun fixing the previous owners screw ups. Good luck! I'll be following your progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor