GBodyForum Sponsor
Mar 21, 2017
Call the shop, we will hook you up.

Reactions: 1 users

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
"that won’t break the bank" you must be kidding. The list from carnutjw is a good one. Add that up and it has to be over 1500. UMI frnt/rear coils and shocks are only 835.

Reactions: 1 users

Icantfindmyrice

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 1, 2021
Saint Louis
"that won’t break the bank" you must be kidding. The list from carnutjw is a good one. Add that up and it has to be over 1500. UMI frnt/rear coils and shocks are only 835.
My budget is 2 grand for the suspension and if i need to go over I will but can you send a link to the umi one i would love to check those out i am in need of new control arms too

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
type UMI Performance in your browser. I have some of their items. Also BMR Performance. Both are very good quality IMO

Reactions: 1 user

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
My budget is 2 grand for the suspension and if i need to go over I will but can you send a link to the umi one i would love to check those out i am in need of new control arms too
Why do you need control arms? Which ones-front/rear- upper/lower? Here's the UMI stuff to peruse
My current combo, sort of on the cheap- Moog 5660 front springs -1/2 coil (598lbs/in), Moog 5401rear springs (129lbs/in) about $60/ pair($120), Proforged +1/2 " taller upper and lower ball joints $50 each($200), Summit front upper control arms ($330), splurged on Ridetech HQ single adjustable shocks, got a deal on those, they are usually pricey($740 retail/4 ), but some have good results with Bilsteins at about $85 each. Front stabilizer bar is 1-1/4" factory style with energy suspension hardware and bushings and rear is S10 Blazer, factory rear would be okay. I'm very pleased with it for what I've got in it. You should be able to put together a similar setup for about $1000-$1500 or so. Oh I almost forgot, a 12.7 ratio steering gearbox helps a lot too.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Icantfindmyrice

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 1, 2021
Saint Louis
Why do you need control arms? Which ones-front/rear- upper/lower? Here's the UMI stuff to peruse
My current combo, sort of on the cheap- Moog 5660 front springs -1/2 coil (598lbs/in), Moog 5401rear springs (129lbs/in) about $60/ pair($120), Proforged +1/2 " taller upper and lower ball joints $50 each($200), Summit front upper control arms ($330), splurged on Ridetech HQ single adjustable shocks, got a deal on those, they are usually pricey($740 retail/4 ), but some have good results with Bilsteins at about $85 each. Front stabilizer bar is 1-1/4" factory style with energy suspension hardware and bushings and rear is S10 Blazer, factory rear would be okay. I'm very pleased with it for what I've got in it. You should be able to put together a similar setup for about $1000-$1500 or so. Oh I almost forgot, a 12.7 ratio steering gearbox helps a lot too.
To be honest i just think i need to replace the entire suspension i need to take a look at it all again but it’s mad squeaky and the last owner had the car dropped on spindles all around and i don’t like it this low like i said i don’t know much about all this stuff and i just wanted to get other peoples opinions before i go blowing money on everything and when i took the car to get looked at for safety inspection they said that they will pass it but if i were them i should get new control arms🤷‍♂️

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Mac from Southside asked you to call him. He’s very knowledgeable and sells great stuff. I’d recommend contacting him.

Reactions: 2 users

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
To be honest i just think i need to replace the entire suspension i need to take a look at it all again but it’s mad squeaky and the last owner had the car dropped on spindles all around and i don’t like it this low like i said i don’t know much about all this stuff and i just wanted to get other peoples opinions before i go blowing money on everything and when i took the car to get looked at for safety inspection they said that they will pass it but if i were them i should get new control arms🤷‍♂️
Pretty common for the front upper control arm bushings to be worn out. The arms may be okay, but just need new bushings?? Or you can get replacements pretty cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor