'82 Cutlass Supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
ya, its possible i may leave the vinyl on now that i see it with nice wheels. my list of thing to do with it is getting shorter...

paint the wheels/restore them
pull/fix 5 or so dents and prep those areas for paint
prep headerpanel for paint
new floormats (very minor)
adjust the carb
new shims/spacers for passenger side upper A-frame
possibly buy tires but i was surprised with the quality of the tires i got with the wheels
get new grilles/ repair my broken ones

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
i got mine from a junkyard, i stopped in to bug the guy to sell me the rims every week for 2 or 3 months

83cut350chev

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2007
Churchville, PA
looks reeeallly nice, i would say paint the wheels to match the paint, and drop it in the front a little and it would be perfect!

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
83cut350chev said:
looks reeeallly nice, i would say paint the wheels to match the paint, and drop it in the front a little and it would be perfect!

I was considering both options but i decided to stick with the gold for two reasons: 1) gold happens to look very good with dark red 2) it easier to stick with the same color so i don't need to get every bit of gold off the rim before i paint it.

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
You needn't remove the old paint. The new stuff will bond perfectly. Been there.

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
i already got 2 wheels complete and they look sharp as hell, possibly i can get the wheels done tommorow

pose_442

Greasemonkey
Feb 12, 2007
They seem to be going up in value. Ebay is the place to sell cutlass parts right now. Nice wheels are going for good money. In fact good Cutlass exterior parts are selling very well on ebay.

If I were you, I'd dismount the tires, clean the wheels up thoroughly and be sure they have all rings, centers, and trim pieces. You'll make money that way.

Here's a link for an example. Also type in olds* in the search line. The asterisk will make it pick up Olds and Oldsmobile.

http://motors.search.ebay.com/search/se ... arch&fgtp=

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor