'82 Cutlass Supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
one of my wheels isn;t holding air so i took the tire off the tires and sanded the wheel where the tire meets in the inner lip and used some steal wool on the tire and hopefully it holds air and i put 60 psi in the tire and i will see if it can hold it all by tommorow and if it can i will lower it back down to 35.

SouljaJ

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 21, 2007
DF DUB, TX
What's underneath the vinyl tops anyway? Is it painted with clear coat or just paint? I was thinking about removing mine, but don't want to repaint the roof. Don't know if I can do that though.

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
SouljaJ said:
What's underneath the vinyl tops anyway? Is it painted with clear coat or just paint? I was thinking about removing mine, but don't want to repaint the roof. Don't know if I can do that though.

there is no chance that you would not have to paint, and cutlasses don't have a clear coat (stock at least)

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
wow that is a great lookin car for that money i take it mechanically its a good car also? great find!

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
78mali350 said:
wow that is a great lookin car for that money i take it mechanically its a good car also? great find!

mechanically it is very good, the only issue i have is i need some shims/spacers for my passenger side front end which isn't a big deal, expecially for the price

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
wow i guess not great lookin car really is

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA

SouljaJ

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 21, 2007
DF DUB, TX
redsx2434 said:
there is no chance that you would not have to paint, and cutlasses don't have a clear coat (stock at least)

Ok, well that's what I was afraid of. Just have to wait on that. Thanks for the info!

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
I am starting to work on my grilles right now but if all else fails, ill be looking for some new ones...

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
my grill came out pretty nice so my cars to do list is pretty much down to

-stop 2 tires from leaking
-prep work/paint
-shims/spacers for passenger-side front end
-floor mats
-get a license!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor