'82 Cutlass Supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
I have started to sand my front end and everything is well and good but it needs some serious work where i took off the chrome trim (don't worry i got new chrome to put back) a lot of sanding around the bumper area but it is a good work in progress and the progress is steady. I would like to get my car done before summer's end (before i have no time with school starting) but it will be tough with complete painting and body work and new spacers on the passenger side front end. I am really hoping my paint matches well but we'll see. I am excited because my product in a few weeks could be pretty much my final product before i start driving it...

83cut350chev

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2007
Churchville, PA
god that thing looks nice, im so jealous

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
83cut350chev said:
god that thing looks nice, im so jealous

thanks

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
So today i spent all day sanding and practically sanded my thumb print off in the process, any way, one more solid day of sanding and i should be ready for paint. The process is going smoothly and i haven't ran into anything out-of-the-ordinary and many parts are ready for paint but the grooves where the chrome strips go is making for some big trouble and hard sanding but I'm gonna spend the time and make it right (whether the chrome will cover it or not)

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
so i am painting today, hopefully no runs or unexpected bumps

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
i just finished painting but i haven't taken off the tape yet so im not sure how well it matches but the paint does look very good

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
car is all back together, i hope to get some pics up in a few days

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
Fianlly got the spacers on my upper a-frame which was more of a pain in the *ss than i expected, it was pretty toug getting a wrench in there but its done, onceit is on the road I obviosuly still need a front end alignment but for now, my car finally doesn't have any immediate needs

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
latest
6t2q92.jpg

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
nevermind, fixed it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor