82 Old Nutless to not so Nutless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Does that fit under the original plastic covering? If so I may need to borrow blueprints. :mrgreen:
Lol, nope i modified the cover and only using the ends....i used the old housing assembly as the template for the aluminium thay way it would fit as flush to the panel as possible.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Hey, gotta start somewhere. I had the temp and oil gauges the longest, then added a gauge here and there until i had what i needed to build the cluster i wanted.

Pedrolif

Greasemonkey
Mar 28, 2016
New Hampshire
Lol, nope i modified the cover and only using the ends....i used the old housing assembly as the template for the aluminium thay way it would fit as flush to the panel as possible.
Got any pics of that installed?
I tried to use the original cover as a template, but seemingly failed. Or it could just be my guestimated bolt pattern, lack of cutting out the rear to allow all the extra wires, or wandering drill bit instead of a drill press. Damn copper tubing for the oil gauge, yes it looks nice in the engine bay, but under the dash, it is unforgiving.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Got any pics of that installed?
I tried to use the original cover as a template, but seemingly failed. Or it could just be my guestimated bolt pattern, lack of cutting out the rear to allow all the extra wires, or wandering drill bit instead of a drill press. Damn copper tubing for the oil gauge, yes it looks nice in the engine bay, but under the dash, it is unforgiving.
This is the only pic i could find as my car is in 1000 pieces right now!!! This was about 6 or 7 years ago when i first made the panel....it's a bad angle on the pic but hope it helps.
FB_IMG_1446952598307.jpg
FB_IMG_1446952617246.jpg

Pedrolif

Greasemonkey
Mar 28, 2016
New Hampshire
that's about how mine should look. I don't mind the smaller gauges dipping below the bezel, but it almost looks like if you snug them up a little bit they would all fit inside the old cluster cover. I'll have to try it for round 2 of cluster creation. Michael at work has some thicker aluminium sheeting he'll let me use. May try to clamp it between some boards, sketch the cluster on the top board, then drill out my holes and cut the cluster out of the sheet. Hopefully that will keep the metal from wandering and keep the bits straight. We'll see. Still thinking of going with the mini LED lights instead of the 1/2" ones I have. Maybe they wont be so damn bright. That blue for high beams is blinding. Got the directionals to work. Turns out those suckers have a negative and positive side. Swapped wires around and bingo! We have blinker indicators. Which are probably also blindingly bright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor