83' 307 olds out- sbc 350 in ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
olds307 and 403 said:
The question is why would not go Olds 350, 403 or 455.

Because the sbc is the bestest ever and should be swapped into everything. Olds engines are impossible to find, very expensive to build, and make no power.

Fox80

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Jamestown NY
DoubleV said:
olds307 and 403 said:
The question is why would not go Olds 350, 403 or 455.

Because the sbc is the bestest ever and should be swapped into everything. Olds engines are impossible to find, very expensive to build, and make no power.

Well said, glad to see your coming around Double V (sarcasm noted)

Hoopty_Mike

Greasemonkey
Aug 5, 2012
CT
Delta88 Diesel said:
Hey, I am doing something similar. I am installing a sbc350 in my 78 Olds Delta 88 that had a 350 diesel in it.
I already got the engine installed but im having trouble with the accessory brackets. What model car could I get the a/c bracket that fits on the passanger and also the alternator brackets for the driver side? So that I can use the a/c and alternator from my Oldsmobile on the sbc 350
Thanks
If you want, i'll swing by and rip that 350 diesel out of there free of charge. :mrgreen:

Jan 7, 2014
MikesElco94 said:
Delta88 Diesel said:
Hey, I am doing something similar. I am installing a sbc350 in my 78 Olds Delta 88 that had a 350 diesel in it.
I already got the engine installed but im having trouble with the accessory brackets. What model car could I get the a/c bracket that fits on the passanger and also the alternator brackets for the driver side? So that I can use the a/c and alternator from my Oldsmobile on the sbc 350
Thanks
If you want, i'll swing by and rip that 350 diesel out of there free of charge. :mrgreen:

You can swing by and buy it from me

Timscutlass

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 26, 2014
I plan on doing this swap to my 84 cutlass, anyone have any info on the motor frame mounts? Would I have to re drill or weld to the frame and is there a specific part number I can look up to just buy the mounts?

Timscutlass

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 26, 2014
lilbowtie said:
You could get lucky and have a universal bellhousing.

I'm lucky lol, I have a universal th350. What would I get the mounts off of or would I have to make some? Or is there a part number I can look up?

Jan 7, 2014
Timscutlass said:
lilbowtie said:
You could get lucky and have a universal bellhousing.

I'm lucky lol, I have a universal th350. What would I get the mounts off of or would I have to make some? Or is there a part number I can look up?

You might have to use motor mounts from a similar yeah chevy
I got the motor mounts for my delta 88 from the same year chevy caprice
Im wouldnt know about the cutlass

BuWaGone

Greasemonkey
Aug 11, 2013
Oahu, Hawaii
Timscutlass said:
I plan on doing this swap to my 84 cutlass, anyone have any info on the motor frame mounts? Would I have to re drill or weld to the frame and is there a specific part number I can look up to just buy the mounts?

The frame already has the holes for the Chevy frame mounts. I had to drop my lower A-arm to access the bolts.

What ever you do don't put a cowl induction on your olds, it's just as bad as putting in SBC. Any REAL olds guy would put a W30 style scoop on... :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor