'83 Cutlass Cruiser Build Thread

Been debating adding the vinyl woodgrain trim around the car once it's painted. Should I do it?

• Yes, that wagon needs woodgrain

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • No, leave that wagon smooth and simple.

Votes: 22 64.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
So we are down to Keystones or SS1's, and last I checked you don't own a 70's street machine clone, so I am still holding on to my SS1 guess :)

Reactions: 1 user

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Keystones look sweet, but are surprisingly expensive!
I also really don't care for the uni-lug design... so no go!

Untitled.jpg

I really considered these the hardest...
However the Wheel Vintiques SSI's had the same quality concerns as the previously mentioned SSIII's
Also the not included center caps push the price up an additional $285...
I did not choose the SSI's...

gfdggf.jpg

Wait, that's all of them...?
I would have never intentionally left one out to mislead you!!!
Buwahahahahaha!

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Ok, I've messed with you all enough...
After careful consideration of what to do... My final decision has been made!
I loved my old slot mags, but they're the wrong back-spacing, they're beat up, curb-rashed and it's time to quit trying to make sacrifices to make them work...
I picked out a new wheel that not only had the ideal sizes front and rear, but was priced very well.

And here they are!
20200915_062626.jpg

A brand new set of slots!
I really was considering something new, but I've been eyeballing a fresh set of slots for a long time... I was pleasantly surprised by how many of you wanted me to keep them... So I did!
15x7 & 15x8
They don't make the 8.5" wide anymore and the 9" wide wouldn't work, so I had to step down but that's ok...
Even better the new ones have updated the lug seat for acorn lugs instead of the long-shank mag lugs...
No sense in letting new tires sit all winter so I probably won't put them on until next spring...

• Winner
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
So will the next episode of " as the slotted world turns" pertain to back spacing or will we jump right in to the depths of tire size?
Stay tuned.

Reactions: 1 user

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
BS on the old set is 3.25" front and rear. Rub city... :(
BS on the new fronts is 3.75", new rears are 4"
Tire sizes will stay the same (215/65 F & 255/60 R)

Reactions: 5 users
(y)

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Cruising season is winding down, and with limited days left the wagon has competition!
Yes I finally fired up the 442 last weekend after 4 years of sitting...
Fired right up and runs good, but one of the accelerator pumps is leaking, so back in the garage it went...
Got my parts in the mail so I'll go thru the carb and then I hope to get some miles on it this weekend!

1602161407310.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor