83' Hurst Radiator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I know this an older post... Last week at the yard I picked this one up. Copper tanks, no GM parts tag, so at one point this was a replacement for OEM.

Size is...
Height ... 18.5 inch
Tank to tank width ... 26.5 inch
Mounting rib to rib ... 27.25 inch
Thickness ... 1.75

Current "Plan" is to clean and pressure test. If anyone needs it, hit me up. Other wise might go to running stand in process.

Source was 84 Cutlass Supreme.

I bought out all the BOP cores he had for transmissions, so got this at affordable price.

View attachment 218729
Likely no GM tag because it's not a GM radiator. At least not a G-body radiator. Immediately noticed the drain plug on the driver side of the tank vs. the bottom drain on OEM rads. If it's brass, it's still considered a win, though. (y)

Reactions: 1 user

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Likely no GM tag because it's not a GM radiator. At least not a G-body radiator. Immediately noticed the drain plug on the driver side of the tank vs. the bottom drain on OEM rads. If it's brass, it's still considered a win, though. (y)
Yes I noticed the plug on bottom, plastic and straight down instead of bottom of tank pointing backward toward engine. The only thing on it is a small sticker that says "Performance Radiator". No Makers Mark on it. So just a guess but maybe a replacement from the 90's... early 2000's. But so far looks good, no signs of leakage. I'll get cleaned and tested. The tanks are copper/brass and thick. It's not a cheap one and got for good price. So figure a win.

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
I went ahead and ordered the Rockauto one as a backup to the Camaro one I have in the silver car now. I'll let y'all know how it looks when I get it on Friday. I'll take some detailed pics.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor