83 Malibu Wagon SIDE QUARTER GLASS MOLDING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yogi

Master Mechanic
Nov 7, 2016
Houston,Texas
I have a 1983 Malibu Wagon, I've been looking around and asking everyone I know about this quarter glass mold or trim if you want to call that. I would like to know what is everyone doing to accomendate this issue if you are having it. Are you guys just updating it to a channel type molding or are you fabricating your own solutions?

Attachments

• window trim.jpg
    window trim.jpg
    635.4 KB · Views: 1,216

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Yogi,
Welcome to the forum...always good to see new members...especially wagon guys..:p
As you probably have guessed, these mouldings are no longer available anywhere. That's why guys generally look for the older aluminum mouldings to replace the rubberized junk.
I have seen a guy on Malibu racing make his owner quarter window moulding using rubber/ vinyl household cove moulding, but honestly I can't see doing that.
However, another option would possibly be using stick-on replacement side moulding. They come in various widths and could probably be cut out to fit nicely.
A friend of mine was considering doing that to his Cutlass Cruiser with the rubberized mouldings.
My first choice would be trying to find the early metal mouldings...although, they're becoming very difficult to find lately.

Looks like a cool wagon, btw.

Yogi

Master Mechanic
Nov 7, 2016
Houston,Texas
Yogi,
Welcome to the forum...always good to see new members...especially wagon guys..:p
As you probably have guessed, these mouldings are no longer available anywhere. That's why guys generally look for the older aluminum mouldings to replace the rubberized junk.
I have seen a guy on Malibu racing make his owner quarter window moulding using rubber/ vinyl household cove moulding, but honestly I can't see doing that.
However, another option would possibly be using stick-on replacement side moulding. They come in various widths and could probably be cut out to fit nicely.
A friend of mine was considering doing that to his Cutlass Cruiser with the rubberized mouldings.
My first choice would be trying to find the early metal mouldings...although, they're becoming very difficult to find lately.

Thank you for your response bruh.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Yogi,

What years are the metal moldings? Mine being a 78 it has metal moldings, guess i never noticed that some where rubber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor