83MONTESS 496/8.5 build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Thanks. The HIDs were from ebay. I got the complete kit minus the relay kit for around $100. The install was easy I just had to buy a $20 relay kit after realizing that it didn't have one. It all works flawlessly and looks good. I know some people say that the eBay kits are junk but honestly the quality is pretty good.
Do you remember who the mfg was?

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Do you remember who the mfg was?
No I dont. I bought them about a year before I even put them in and I put them in atleast 6 months ago. I just searched ebay for the HID conversion kits for whatever size headlights they are. One thing I learned is that the f bodies of the 80s are different sizes than the g body headlights.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I also had to cut out the back of my headlight buckets for them to fit. That's the only modification I had to make for them to fit.

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
Looking good bro!

Reactions: 1 user

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
No I dont. I bought them about a year before I even put them in and I put them in atleast 6 months ago. I just searched ebay for the HID conversion kits for whatever size headlights they are. One thing I learned is that the f bodies of the 80s are different sizes than the g body headlights.
Ok cool. Thanks for the info. Appreciate it.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
You've been doing some really great work. I'd be concerned where you mounted some of the fuel system on the spare tire well. If someone rear ends you and slides under your bumper they could hit the filter.

20150402_025650-jpeg.39144

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
You've been doing some really great work. I'd be concerned where you mounted some of the fuel system on the spare tire well. If someone rear ends you and slides under your bumper they could hit the filter.

20150402_025650-jpeg.39144
Yea it's temporary for now. I was gonna cut out the spare tire well and replace it with a flat piece of sheet metal then mount the filter and pump on the cross member I made right behind the shocks. You can see the bar in the pic. But to get it going this will do. I also plan on either welding or at least bolting on another bar to tie the rear frame rails together and that would go between the filter and bumper support. I think with the car being lowered 2" I have a better chance of being run over than slid under lol!

• Agree

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Im not sure if I told you or not pontiacgp but you can see the f body sway bar I asked you about awhile ago. I believe you're the one that told me to heat it up with a torch and bend the ends in to use it. Fits like a charm!

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
I dont know how i havent seen this build thread. I like the whole look of the car it heavily modified but feels like its right. Do you have any pictures of the whole car, id like to save it on my phone.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I dont know how i havent seen this build thread. I like the whole look of the car it heavily modified but feels like its right. Do you have any pictures of the whole car, id like to save it on my phone.
This is from 2 summers ago before the big block swap and 2" suspension drop.
IMAG0036.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor