83MONTESS 496/8.5 build

Status
Not open for further replies.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
^^^Yea I figured I would try anything to help the big block keep cool.

Alright guys im stuck here. Im trying to find a certain fitting for my hydroboost return line. I have a bunch of AN lines and fittings left over so im going to use them to make an AN return line. This is the fitting im having a hard time finding them. Im looking for one with instead of a hose barb end it has a 6 AN male end. I cant find it anywhere so any help is appreciated.
hydroboost fitting by bwollens1983, on Flickr

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
Looking good, glad it's finally coming together for ya! Subscribed :)

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Not really much to update. I got the front bumper cover off and old core support out in preparation for removing the engine. Its so weird seeing it like this :lol:
engine removal 1 by bwollens1983, on Flickr

GT_80

Greasemonkey
Apr 23, 2013
Massachusetts
pontiacgp said:
I just noticed you run the coolant lines from the back of the heads...not many do that but it's a good idea to keep the temps even..

Yeah, I like doing theat when the intake has 4 corner ports on it- did it on a 60-over 350 I had.

This build is awesome! I love that shifter!! Looks like the one in the movie "Highwaymen" with Jim Cavaziel. The crazy guy in the cadillac had a similar shifter.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
GT_80 said:
pontiacgp said:
I just noticed you run the coolant lines from the back of the heads...not many do that but it's a good idea to keep the temps even..

Yeah, I like doing theat when the intake has 4 corner ports on it- did it on a 60-over 350 I had.

This build is awesome! I love that shifter!! Looks like the one in the movie "Highwaymen" with Jim Cavaziel. The crazy guy in the cadillac had a similar shifter.
Im not sure if im going to be able to keep the corner cooling on the passenger side because of the distributor vacuum advance. The 90 degree fitting doesnt let the distributor turn enough it seems.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
dr78442 said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GM-Mopar-hydroboost-fittings-6-AN-JIC-Hot-Rod-Jeep-Rock-Crawler-/230848551883?pt=Race_Car_Parts&hash=item35bfa55bcb&vxp=mtr. this might be what your looking for
Thats exactly what I was looking for! I just didnt know the size of it. Thanks alot man I owe you a cyber beer.

dr78442

G-Body Guru
Mar 15, 2010
massapequa park NY
No problem... I used the same set on my hydro boost setup with no trouble.... best of luck ... I love the the build so far .... nice quality work

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Well the 400 is out. Now I gotta wait for my buddy to get the $500 to buy it and get it out of my way. I am going to clean everything up and paint it. I also have to pull apart the front suspension to install the new Moog springs, 2" drop spindles, and tubular Speedway uppers which should be fun without the weight of the engine :?
engine removal 3 by bwollens1983, on Flickr
engine removal 2 by bwollens1983, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor