84-88 Windshield Wiper Motor Rebuild. Sort of.

I found 2 of the cover units. Apparently they were made after the production runs. Assembled in Mexico. Even comes with new mounting screws.

TIP: Ensure when placing the cover back on the unit, it is in PARK position, and the cover cam is in the proper location. Also, the cover needs to have the top half sealed to the wiper motor with non-hardening sealer.

View attachment 245473

These instructions show you how to place the cam before installation. Newer style cam.
View attachment 245474

For the newer style, you want the open area wide, like in Figure 1 in the above pic. Like this.
View attachment 245477

The early OEM style has more of an arrow head look to it, and much flimsier construction. This is why it's SO EASY to break that center pin on this type. The instructions for this one says to point the tip to the bottom screw hole. Like so:
View attachment 245476
View attachment 245478
gotta bother you on this. i got a new cardone wiper unit and have my circuit board with the removable pins. my new motor has 3 pins to attach to. if youre looking at the motor i put the 2 extension clips on the 2 furthest left pins. but motor ran with no delay and no seating. i read that if motor is in park position it needs to be taken out of park position before putting the cover on?

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor