84-88 Windshield Wiper Motor Rebuild. Sort of.

Your motor is obviously not in the parked position. Cover disc looks to be in a good place. Big gear is about 180 out. By all rights when you turn it off, the solenoid should This is in the parked position:
View attachment 247165

Just wondering why you replaced your motor. Was it bad? Not saying they don't die, but they're pretty robust for what they are.

Another thing that might be screwing you is a bad cover. Which there is NO aftermarket support for, nor anyone I know of that repairs them, and new ones are unobtanium. There are little relay solenoids inside that cover and all the electronic crap I have no idea about. Electrical issues are not my strong point. If it's not energizing the park solenoid, it's never going to stop. Was it doing the same thing before you changed out the motor?

You can put the cover back on the way it is in your pics because the "pin" for the rotator in the cover is in the right place. You can plug up that weird power connector lead for the unit and then run a ground wire from the case to a car ground point somewhere and test it that way. It should work the way it would in the car, without having to go through the trouble of taking it out and putting in in.

There's a troubleshooting guide in the CSM electrical manual, but it's not super-detailed. It does not go into what's happening inside the cover.

Here's the plug layout the CSM Elec manual mentions for connector 1 and 2:
View attachment 247170

View attachment 247166
View attachment 247167
View attachment 247168
View attachment 247169
You are the man! Thank you. I was able to run it to get the pin in the sitting slot but I only get one speed. I believe it’s high. Not sure what else I can look for . I’m going to look in service manual again and try some other stuff out. There is no external relay for this is there? I suck at all things electrical.

You are the man! Thank you. I was able to run it to get the pin in the sitting slot but I only get one speed. I believe it’s high. Not sure what else I can look for . I’m going to look in service manual again and try some other stuff out. There is no external relay for this is there? I suck at all things electrical.
Your motor is obviously not in the parked position. Cover disc looks to be in a good place. Big gear is about 180 out. By all rights when you turn it off, the solenoid should This is in the parked position:
View attachment 247165

Just wondering why you replaced your motor. Was it bad? Not saying they don't die, but they're pretty robust for what they are.

Another thing that might be screwing you is a bad cover. Which there is NO aftermarket support for, nor anyone I know of that repairs them, and new ones are unobtanium. There are little relay solenoids inside that cover and all the electronic crap I have no idea about. Electrical issues are not my strong point. If it's not energizing the park solenoid, it's never going to stop. Was it doing the same thing before you changed out the motor?

You can put the cover back on the way it is in your pics because the "pin" for the rotator in the cover is in the right place. You can plug up that weird power connector lead for the unit and then run a ground wire from the case to a car ground point somewhere and test it that way. It should work the way it would in the car, without having to go through the trouble of taking it out and putting in in.

There's a troubleshooting guide in the CSM electrical manual, but it's not super-detailed. It does not go into what's happening inside the cover.

Here's the plug layout the CSM Elec manual mentions for connector 1 and 2:
View attachment 247170

View attachment 247166
View attachment 247167
View attachment 247168
View attachment 247169
The reason I replaced was because it wasn’t working. But it wasn’t working due to broken ground strip. It was also ugly and not fitting into the scheme of the engine bay.

The reason I replaced was because it wasn’t working. But it wasn’t working due to broken ground strip. It was also ugly and not fitting into the scheme of the engine bay.
Just trying to have everything complete before paint. Which is becoming very hard to find. Everyone down here thinks every thing is Kandy paint and everyone’s a millionaire

Attachments

• IMG_8793.jpeg
    IMG_8793.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_8792.jpeg
    IMG_8792.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8795.jpeg
    IMG_8795.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor