Central NY
Consider it a win.

Reactions: 2 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Well not much to report but I did just fire up the LS for the first time after fixing a starter issue. Touched the key and she barked to life. 61 psi oil pressure. Sounds really healthy. I didn't take a video of her just yet because I only ran her for maybe 10 seconds. I need to get more trans fluid and I still need to figure out the correct injector data.
If anyone can help..... they are Fast injectors

0280155811 and I believe that is a Bosch number as well. 36lb rated at 43psi. So they should be 41 at 58psi or there abouts​

Reactions: 6 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
OK - I'm drawing zeroes on these injectors.

Depending on the amount of love you have for this motor you have some of options.

These are the low love options :
Guess and see what happens (I wouldn't do that), next option - pick the Holley 36lb units and play around with the minimum opening time to get a clean idle and steady AFR. Then go drive it and get a base tune built in with the corrections and do some datalogging to watch the Pulse Width/ Duty Cycle. If you end up getting a corrected table that isn't smooth then you know you have an issue.

The 'alot of love' option is to send them out and have them fully tested, then input the custom data.

The concern is that you'll either burn them up or wreck your motor's bore and ring seal. I just searched the Megasquirt forum on these injectors and the Holley 36lb numbers from 12.0-14 volts are very close. Personally, I'd run them with the Holley 522-368 data and keep track of your correction factor percentages after you get an initial base tune dialed in. One of the GREAT things about the Holley is it's ability correct the VE tables off from feedback. Your largest issue will be with idle and low load driving. The minimum open time will have a giant impact on that.

How about attaching a tune file?

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 2 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana

Depending on the amount of love you have for this motor you have some of options.

Guess and see what happens (I wouldn't do that), next option - pick the Holley 36lb units and play around with the minimum opening time to get a clean idle and steady AFR. Then go drive it and get a base tune built in with the corrections and do some datalogging to watch the Pulse Width/ Duty Cycle. If you end up getting a corrected table that isn't smooth then you know you have an issue.

The 'alot of love' option is to send them out and have them fully tested, then input the custom data.

The concern is that you'll either burn them up or wreck your motor's bore and ring seal. I just searched the Megasquirt forum on these injectors and the Holley 36lb numbers from 12.0-14 volts are very close. Personally, I'd run them with the Holley 522-368 data and keep track of your correction factor percentages after you get an initial base tune dialed in. One of the GREAT things about the Holley is it's ability correct the VE tables off from feedback. Your largest issue will be with idle and low load driving. The minimum open time will have a giant impact on that.

I'm guessing that I need to get a Laptop for all this magic to work.
The only thing I own in the computer world is this android phone

Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Yes - you are correct. A laptop of any nature that has a USB connection on it. And you'll need one of these as well for the laptop : https://www.currentperformance.com/shop/can-to-usb-built-in-splitter/

If you don't want to use a laptop or need to, then you need to use injectors that are in their database. Personally, I can't imagine not using a computer on this system, but I do understand how some don't want to get involved with one either. Just for configuration of the A/C system, fans, trans, let alone being able to generate datalogs and read them it's wrrth it's weight in gold

Reactions: 5 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Yes - you are correct. A laptop of any nature that has a USB connection on it. And you'll need one of these as well for the laptop : https://www.currentperformance.com/shop/can-to-usb-built-in-splitter/

If you don't want to use a laptop or need to, then you need to use injectors that are in their database. Personally, I can't imagine not using a computer on this system, but I do understand how some don't want to get involved with one either. Just for configuration of the A/C system, fans, trans, let alone being able to generate datalogs and read them it's wrrth it's weight in gold
to add to this, you don't need much of a laptop, it can be a cheap older used one.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana

After doing a lot of research it does seem like Holley's 36lb and these Fast/ re labeled Bosch injectors are almost exactly identical. Both are 378.4 cc/min and 55.4 @ 80% bsfc.
Only difference i can see is Holley has 3 holes and other is 4. If I'm reading correctly

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
The concern is with the voltage corrections and dead time. Regarding entering the flow rates, it's not that critical because the learn and correction occurs so quickly with the Holley. Meaning that you could input the wrong flow rate by as much 15 lbs/hr and it will still run and tune itself for you. But a voltage correction factor entered incorrectly by 20% and it will be chasing it's tail forever and you'll be complaining as to why it runs so differently every time you take it out.

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
The concern is with the voltage corrections and dead time. Regarding entering the flow rates, it's not that critical because the learn and correction occurs so quickly with the Holley. Meaning that you could input the wrong flow rate by as much 15 lbs/hr and it will still run and tune itself for you. But a voltage correction factor entered incorrectly by 20% and it will be chasing it's tail forever and you'll be complaining as to why it runs so differently every time you take it out.
Where can I find out the voltage information? I've seen some injectors with that information but not many. I don't understand why this information is so hard to find

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor