CUTLASS 84 Hurst Olds Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabob111

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 8, 2022
Hi I'm new to using Forums, I bought an 84 Hurst Olds w/ T-roofs. I bought it to bring it back to as close to original as possible with maybe a few modern upgrades. I have almost found all the parts needed for the exception of the lightning rods. They were removed. I do not want to put the Hurst markings back on it with out the shifter. Would anyone no of anyone that would have one to sell.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hi I'm new to using Forums, I bought an 84 Hurst Olds w/ T-roofs. I bought it to bring it back to as close to original as possible with maybe a few modern upgrades. I have almost found all the parts needed for the exception of the lightning rods. They were removed. I do not want to put the Hurst markings back on it with out the shifter. Would anyone no of anyone that would have one to sell.
Welcome to the forum. . Post Some pics of your car when you can. I have a new set of lightning rods but you probably won’t like the price ($3k). You can get clapped out sets for less if you watch eBay closely $1,500

Reactions: 1 users
Welcome to the forum. . Post Some pics of your car when you can. I have a new set of lightning rods but you probably won’t like the price ($3k). You can get clapped out sets for less if you watch eBay closely $1,500
Eeks!

Dang, I knew they were worth something, but I didn't realize ^^^^

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Shoot, I sold the whole NOS shooting match with cable, top plate, screws, shifter, bottom plate, brushes (repro rubber boot) for a paltry 1800. I shoulda kept those....

Thanks I will keep that in mind. Ill take some pics once I get working on it. trying to get all the parts before I disable it. Knowing it is possible to get them I will proceed with the Hurst build. Im also trying to locate a 307 engine. Right now it has a 1977 6.6l witch Im going to rebuild and sell to a trans am guy.
Thanks again and you will probably here from me.

Should be able to start it next month but here are a couple pics. Had to finish my other Gbody project. Needed it done for June 4th. The truck is a 1978 Monte Carlo
IMG_0257[1].JPG
IMG_0258[1].JPG
IMG_0262[1].JPG
onte Carlo frame.

I spy some rust up in that T-top channel and down at the bottom of the A-pillar...just be careful when you get into that area, it could be gnarly. Don't know if you ever had a T-top car before but that's a typical "problem" area on these cars. That and vinyl top cars. Usually the naked hard top cars fared the best. But nothing is absolute.

Reactions: 2 users
Not to hijack this one but we need information on the truck!!! 😆
its a 78 monte carlo frame that was built for the pro truck division in saskatoon sask. I just finished rebuilding it for the new race season, the track is a 1/3 mile paved oval.

I spy some rust up in that T-top channel and down at the bottom of the A-pillar...just be careful when you get into that area, it could be gnarly. Don't know if you ever had a T-top car before but that's a typical "problem" area on these cars. That and vinyl top cars. Usually the naked hard top cars fared the best. But nothing is absolute.
its mostly surface rust, but still solid for now. Thanks I will use caution when I get into it. It also had some repairs already on the passenger side I need to clean up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor