BUILD THREAD 84 Hurst Olds - TechG8

Status
Not open for further replies.

techg8

Master Mechanic
Feb 29, 2012
my outers have that small round chrome bead. They are not all black. There is not a large chrome piece covering the top of the door.

where does this leave me? I'm afraid I don't know the right terminology, and that's whats hanging me up.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
my outers have that small round chrome bead. They are not all black. There is not a large chrome piece covering the top of the door.

where does this leave me? I'm afraid I don't know the right terminology, and that's whats hanging me up.
Hang tight man, I will get you a snapshot of what you need. Back ina few.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
This is the kit you need for the outer window sweeps. They have the small chrome bead just like yours. Rockauto has them for $59.79 plus shipping. Hope this helps.
Screenshot_20161105-232832.png
Screenshot_20161105-232802.png

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Those are the sweeps, came with the thin chrome strip.

techg8

Master Mechanic
Feb 29, 2012
Yes those look exactly like mine. Thanks for the assists!

Reactions: 2 users

techg8

Master Mechanic
Feb 29, 2012
I should have the outer felts any day now.

I have finished up the pOR 15 job on the inside of the doors, the passenger door under the felt strip was rough. I think I got to this just in time.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I should have the outer felts any day now.

I have finished up the pOR 15 job on the inside of the doors, the passenger door under the felt strip was rough. I think I got to this just in time.
If you ordered then from rockauto it shouldn't take too long, they are pretty quick especially having several hubs throughout the country. Keep us posted man.
Good news on catching those spots before our ugly enemy known as rust made its home! POR15 is bada$$ stuff when used properly.

techg8

Master Mechanic
Feb 29, 2012
I finished up with the POR 15 and got the new outer felts installed.

good thing because it poured last night.

The felts look great, although they curve up a little too much in front, and the screw holes needed some modification.

I have leads on the intake and steering wheel, so all I need to move on is a car cover to weatherproof it for the winter.

I am going to put new tires on it in the spring and drive the wheels off it.

techg8

Master Mechanic
Feb 29, 2012
I took advantage of the warm weather today to install my A4 Intake onto the H/O.

I am looking forward to installing the carb and the stock aircleaner! Everything back as it should be!

I am going to get it running well on the ECM, then I am considering adding an Edelbrock nitrous plate system I have just for fun. Nothing crazy, maybe just a 50 or 75 shot.

I do have a spare ECM with a good Hypertech chip in it. That alone will help the performance. So maybe Ill skip the NOS. Guess Ill decide in the spring.

Attachments

• a4intake.jpg
    a4intake.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 253
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor