85 catalytic converter clogged??

Status
Not open for further replies.

85' 3.8 Limited

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 2, 2010
I drive an 1985 Buick regal limited with a 3.8 v6. The car runs like crap and when I am going at any speed and try to speed up, it seems to chug and kinda go a little faster. Is this due to a clogged catalytic converter or something else???

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
could be a lot of thing really, most people would start by checking out their plugs and checking their timing and checking for vacumn leaks

85' 3.8 Limited

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 2, 2010
We just put new plugs in the car about 5 months ago and the timing is spot on (Just did that about a year ago), we also put the vaccuum gauge on it and it was not too bad.

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
85' 3.8 Limited said:
I drive an 1985 Buick regal limited with a 3.8 v6. The car runs like crap and when I am going at any speed and try to speed up, it seems to chug and kinda go a little faster. Is this due to a clogged catalytic converter or something else???
Undo the cat and try with open exahust.If it runs OK that will tell you if the cat is NFG.

85' 3.8 Limited

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 2, 2010
Alright, I undid the cat and the car still ran like sh*t. So now I know its not the cats, what else can it be??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor