85 ss almost finished

Jdam

Apprentice
Mar 10, 2018
Ah, that adds up. How fast have you been on that notched frame? Correct me if I'm wrong, you're about 1k hp with nitrous?
It made over 1k hp on motor, I have a 36 jet in the fogger now ( about 350 hp) Ive only made 2 aborted hits with the car so far. I hope to take it out friday and see if the changes we made work.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
It made over 1k hp on motor, I have a 36 jet in the fogger now ( about 350 hp) Ive only made 2 aborted hits with the car so far. I hope to take it out friday and see if the changes we made work.
You must have some form of rear support around the frame notch beyond a 10 point cage, eh?

wingnutks

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2016
You must have some form of rear support around the frame notch beyond a 10 point cage, eh?
Not that big a deal. All the support and force goes In front of the notch.

Is this a stock spring/shock location car? I think my wheels might hit my lca brackets on my rear if I went that far in

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Not that big a deal. All the support and force goes In front of the notch.

Is this a stock spring/shock location car? I think my wheels might hit my lca brackets on my rear if I went that far in
I trust ya, but the rear cage mount is behind that. It seems like it would take some abuse depending where the rear of the cage attaches in relation to the upper control arms. I put my rear down bars onto the frame supporting the crossmember that the upper control arms attach to. Idea being to support them. But I overthink everything and really don't know the WTH I'm doing either.

Reactions: 1 users

wingnutks

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2016
I trust ya, but the rear cage mount is behind that. It seems like it would take some abuse depending where the rear of the cage attaches in relation to the upper control arms. I put my rear down bars onto the frame supporting the crossmember that the upper control arms attach to. Idea being to support them. But I overthink everything and really don't know the WTH I'm doing either.
Rear down bars are supposed to go to the upper spring mounts... whether stock spring or coilover

Reactions: 1 user

Jdam

Apprentice
Mar 10, 2018
My down bars go to a tube crossmember that my coil overs are on. I put an ARB that also ties the frame together.

wingnutks

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2016
My down bars go to a tube crossmember that my coil overs are on. I put an ARB that also ties the frame together.
That's mint. Is ur Arb in front of ur rear axle? Did u move ur lca mounts inward on the rear axle?

Jdam

Apprentice
Mar 10, 2018
That's mint. Is ur Arb in front of ur rear axle? Did u move ur lca mounts inward on the rear axle?
ARB is in front of the axle. I didnt move the LCA inward. Ill see how it does the rest of this year but I think Im going to change some stuff to have some adjustability for the upper and lower bars over the winter.

wingnutks

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2016
ARB is in front of the axle. I didnt move the LCA inward. Ill see how it does the rest of this year but I think Im going to change some stuff to have some adjustability for the upper and lower bars over the winter.
What rear is in it? My strange 9" came with 4 adjustable holes in the lowers. Some adjustments are still needed on the frame side of the uppers.

Jdam

Apprentice
Mar 10, 2018
What rear is in it? My strange 9" came with 4 adjustable holes in the lowers. Some adjustments are still needed on the frame side of the uppers.
quick performance 9 inch. I just looked under the car and i need to get new brackets for the rear so I can move them in board and lower the control arm. I have a set of the BMR brackets but they will hit the rim.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor