85 ss almost finished

Jdam

Apprentice
Mar 10, 2018
How do you have your distributor rotor phasing set up? That's gotta be spot on to pull 27 degrees. I just had to go back over mine yesterday.
I will look and see how its phased, the guy that built the motor did it. I have the big cap front mount distributor thats driven off the cam.

Jdam

Apprentice
Mar 10, 2018
So the launch retard is basically like this but I pulled it down to 8 degrees. This was the hit before and the track didnt take it.

65136764316__8F2DD210-CD2B-48BE-8458-927ED63B0710 (1).jpg

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
27 degrees pulled on the hit. 8 degrees ramped back in over about 6 seconds.
Yup, I understand (at least I think). When you let go of the trans brake you're at 8 degrees of timing, correct? And it sounds like when the Nitrous is on you will never have more than 16 degrees?
Thanks for the pic (posting at the same time). So you're at 35 degrees minus 19 degrees for the nitrous and minus another 8 for launch retard leaving you at 8 degrees on the hit?

Jdam

Apprentice
Mar 10, 2018
Yup, I understand (at least I think). When you let go of the trans brake you're at 8 degrees of timing, correct? And it sounds like when the Nitrous is on you will never have more than 16 degrees?
Thanks for the pic (posting at the same time). So you're at 35 degrees minus 19 degrees for the nitrous and minus another 8 for launch retard leaving you at 8 degrees on the hit?
you got it. I leave that 8 degrees on the launch retard in for 2 tenths of a second to hit the tire and so the motor wont cough. I have lower control arm brackets coming tomorrow for the rear end so maybe i can put timing back in once the suspension is right.

Reactions: 1 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I don't know how I missed this thread for so long? Your car is badass. I find it fascinating how far the technology has come down on our level. The more I read about these fast cars the more I learn.

Jdam

Apprentice
Mar 10, 2018
I welded in the lower control arm brackets on the rear and squared everything up. Took it to the track and the car is pushing left pretty hard. only made it to the 330 twice. I will try to post some videos.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Sounds like you had tuned the rear suspension around some suspension/frame flex and now it isn't. I could be wrong, but that's what t sounds like to me. How'sa the alignment? And vids of the rear end when it 's turning (pushing) would be GREAT.

Reactions: 1 user

Jdam

Apprentice
Mar 10, 2018
Sounds like you had tuned the rear suspension around some suspension/frame flex and now it isn't. I could be wrong, but that's what t sounds like to me. How'sa the alignment? And vids of the rear end when it 's turning (pushing) would be GREAT.
the alignment is spot on, if someone could tell me how to post videos that would be great.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
the alignment is spot on, if someone could tell me how to post videos that would be great.
I do it via youtube, meaning I save a video to my youtube channel and then post a link to the video.

The youtube thing is free and it stays there forever. And it's easy enough to remove something that you no longer want there.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor