86 Cutlass Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pimplogic

Master Mechanic
Dec 25, 2009
Re: Hurst/Olds Clone Build Thread

oops i forgot to mention paint is not included just parts and maybe a few cans of spray for some backyard painting, which is how i blacked my cutlass now, lol it looks good for 99 cent paint. just lacks clear coat,

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio

Yeah, even if you were to do it yourself the materials could add up quickly.

I priced just the base coat for my car at around $350 per gallon. Add in another $300 for a quality clear coat and then all of the extras like sand paper, etc. and your well on your way to $1000.

pimplogic

Master Mechanic
Dec 25, 2009

What are your opinions on air adjustable shocks?

pimplogic

Master Mechanic
Dec 25, 2009

ok so today im in the process of removing the ecm from under the dash. just wanna know what to remove and what not to because the ac is still in place. it would also be nice to know what wires i can remove and which ones i should keep, im goin with a manual carb and vac adv distributor.

Minion1186

G-Body Guru
Apr 12, 2009

Underneath the dash (on the side underneath the glove box) is the ecm,it is hidden by the kick panel,with a couple screws it'll come off and it'll expose the ecm box.What i did was i taped and labeled all the wires and vaccum hoses that came off the engine and ecm,i decided that since i was never going to use the ecm,wire harnesses and everyhitng else smog i cut the wires.From what i remeber everything that goes to the passenger side and leads to the ecm is to be cut,i also removed most of my vaccum hoses one by one to see where they go,one or two go to the egr valve and to the charcoal canister (black cylinderical item bolted to the innder fender).I removed my charcoal canister for less wires since its smog.A couple wires that lead to the ecm also may go to the power antenna,and power door locks if i remember correctly.I cut those wires becasue my power antenna never worked.This is what i did when i removed mine,i deleted the a/c box too,so someone else should chime in on what wires you'll have to keep for it.

pimplogic

Master Mechanic
Dec 25, 2009

ya i just removed the carb and most vacuum hoses. retained the vac ball in the front clip.

pimplogic

Master Mechanic
Dec 25, 2009

end of day 3, most ecm wires were removed and so was the ecm, maps sensor and i removed the cruise control vacuum ball and black box controller.

pimplogic

Master Mechanic
Dec 25, 2009

today i went to the local junkyard, got some NOS dash bezels and the center bezel has the rear defog switch in it
p_00194.jpg

i got the whole set for 10 bucks all three., here i got rally gages for thirty
p_00195.jpg

lastly i got some 3rd gen f body seats in decent condition for 50. also snatched some oldsmobile rocket emblems and some "cutlass" emblems for free :mrgreen: couldnt get a picture because my phone went deaed lol had fun though and when i get out tommorrow im gonna check the brakes on the cutlass and get it ready

pimplogic

Master Mechanic
Dec 25, 2009
Did a little thinking today and im changing my project title simply to "Project Cutlass" i got a few pics of the inside while working today.
Interior
p_00196.jpg

dash bezels in place
p_00197.jpg

p_00199.jpg

Gages in place :D
p_00198.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor