86 regal wiper issues please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

misfitregal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 10, 2008
i just recently did a column swap into my regal now the wipers dont work they only work when you use the wiper fluid i changed the switch and still it doesnt work any ideas i need to get this thing road worthy!

no the black knob turns it just doesnt do anything the silver knob will operate the wipers manually though

Sounds like some of the wiring might be different.

misfitregal said:
Im using the original wiperswitch so i dont think that thats the problem

Did you use a tool or a metal tube/hose to slide the wires into the column? If they're just stuffed in the column or tugged from the other end, you will have issues with crimped wires.

I don't know what causes it or how to fix it. But my old Bonneville had the same problem. And it was still the original column. I tried everything I could think of but nothing worked. I always had to hold the washer button to get the wipers to work. It really sucked going down the highway on long trips at night. :?

wipers

i'am confused, is your switch in the column or dash? if your car has a delay wiper and your column is none delay it will do what your complaining about,same thing visa versa...jesse

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor