87 442 the way they should have been

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Yeah they’re being pretty stupid in Lakewood these days. Lucky to still be working, I know I am. Shops up here are closing or laying off guys left and right.
The death toll in Lakewood is rising by the day. My boss said his rabbi died the other night. We are the last body shop open and even if we close I'll still have some work. I'm isolated because I'm alone in my unit the shop is in 5 different units of an industrial Park.

Reactions: 2 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
So here they are. I can't believe how light they are! And we'll built for the cost 2 right side speedway motors circle track arms. 😉
KIMG0150.JPG

Now to find a junk Blazer. I still have 1 impound yard to check the biggest one my boss has he also said there's a 73 Dodge truck there and maybe an old Dodge van so hopefully I'll get a center for that 8 3/4. He said just ask him first and I'm welcome to anything I want as long as it's his or will be his.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I'm not going to make it to the building today. I decided to clean out the garage so I can finds all my Oldsmobile parts. I need to get my bare block out of the corner for mock up anyway and it's not raining so here we go!

Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Quick update Lauren and I did manage to get both 455 out of the depths of the garage. My neighbor also gave me an 8-3/4 center it's on open 3:23 and it's in a 741case with the small pinion shaft so I won't be driving with it but I can use it for mock up. I'll be taking that and the 455s to the building next weekend.

Reactions: 4 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
With me still working through the current situation I told the wife I'm going to start buying some parts. I've been looking into Blazer spindles but there's nothing to be had locally so if you know where a set is let me know. I also have a question about them. Is it the same bearing as a 4×4? It looks like they use the same dust shield. Anyway figured I'd ask here first

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
With me still working through the current situation I told the wife I'm going to start buying some parts. I've been looking into Blazer spindles but there's nothing to be had locally so if you know where a set is let me know. I also have a question about them. Is it the same bearing as a 4×4? It looks like they use the same dust shield. Anyway figured I'd ask here first
The dust shield is the same but the bearing is specific to RWD or 4x4. Rock Auto has the shields, GM ones.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Reach out to Timo22. He was selling Blazer brake setups. Great guy.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor