Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas

DirtyO'LgrannyGbod

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 25, 2013
What size tire do you have on the back of the car, and do you intend to stick with it?

I'd like to run a 15x8 in the rear maybey a vette rallye style, something along the lines of the drag look, ,
Just really lookin for a gear that be suitable all around for a little street fun and good in the highway still, at the same time really ,
Would a 3,55 be a wiser choice for this maybey

DirtyO'LgrannyGbod

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 25, 2013
I have a GN rear in mine. Only thing you have to do is shorten the driveshaft 1"

All GN's had 3.42 gears from the factory.
Good to know all info appreciated does anyone know maybey a dedicated g body site that I can get some more info and possibly purchase a entire rear gear posi kit ? Should I also get moser axels or am I okay with my stock axels , this engine is around 380hp

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Doctor, this cutlass needs a Th350, STAT!

Anyway, keep in mind tire size. I'd get the wheel and tire situation underway before you get any gears for it. You know how stupid it'd drive with 3.73s and 14x6s? Also when you get another trans, get a converter too. Stock is probably around 11-1400rpm, no fun. I'd at least get a 2000-2500 stall, after you get the tires, gears, and trans.

DirtyO'LgrannyGbod

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 25, 2013
Hey guys so I'm trying to do some calculations and figure out what gear is currently in the car now its bone stock rear end I was told my gear code would be in the trunk lid sticker is it GU2?
Here's the sticker maybey some one can help me out pls and thanks and happy easter all
IMG_20180401_120000.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor