Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
kuruption109 said:
KURUPTION AKA 4 SPEED DAT HOE AKA HEAD HUNTA!! CHECKIN IN...80ZBABIEZ CC

Thats wassup! Thanks for checkin back fam! Couple updates.

Got some of the other round stock cut at work and I also cut the axles so I could get the ends off to weld up to the tubing. There's a few ways I could have done this, but it took 3 minutes to cut the axles. I used a "chop saw". Made light work of the axles.. I have a 10x10 base plate, but Im changing it to a 12x12-1/4" thick plate. The 10x10 didnt fully cover the 3 high ridges of the corrogated flooring of the elco's bed. I will have 6 studs drilled and tapped to secure the base and tubing to the floor. The studs will have a fine thread on one side (threads into the 1/4" thick base plate) and the other side will have a coarse threading for securing the whole assy to the beds flooring. Hope Im not loosing you guys. Its the same way the wheel studs are mounted to the axle ends. I will also weld both sides of the studs for a lil more strength. Then grind the top side down a lil and have the whole thing powder coated or chromed. I still need to go get the studs.... Here's a few pics of the tubing and axle end cut. Just mocked up for now. Once I get the other base plate and studs, I can have it all finished up... Workin on Mel's Brown Sug 2.0 wheel wells, so this will have to wait till the end of the week..

Cut off the end of the axle. Has the threaded studs and bolt pattern already. Makes it easy. I was gonna mount a front rotor, x drilled and the chrome it all, but I will save that for my other mount project :wink: (gotta trick up my sleeve)

5699050141_7b7bf589be_b.jpg

I had the square tubing, but I like the look of the round stock. The axle end fits nicely in there..

5699624442_26c8e7ef72_b.jpg

5699620602_5a738dec96_b.jpg

5699618720_77b90c416d_b.jpg

quick vid..

[youtube]rSY_m4ydXfg[/youtube]

Elco Warren 8) Keeps it Chevy..
80zBabiezCC

ElCaminoGRAN/SPORT

Master Mechanic
Apr 13, 2011
S.carolina
Always innovating never imitating , thats all I can say about your work man,good sh*t .Quick queston ordern me a a/c delete plate, I seen in a post you had about the drip tray that you can order did you find yours cheaper than $100 my searchin thats the cheapest I can find them. D.J.

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Wow ! you did it huh brah! u were able to cut that dayum axle. i know u were having a problem with it.....its looking real good...that extra wheel will be very handy

Big Saint

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
ElCaminoGRAN/SPORT said:
Always innovating never imitating , thats all I can say about your work man,good sh*t .Quick queston ordern me a a/c delete plate, I seen in a post you had about the drip tray that you can order did you find yours cheaper than $100 my searchin thats the cheapest I can find them. D.J.

Thanks for checkin back bruh..I got mine from here..

http://www.buickgn.com/ACcowlpanel.htm

84elko said:
Warren that looks great can't wait to see it in person

Aw damn! I better get it right , get it tight! LOL! Your ride is waaay clean. I got some "hood" mods that look ok for what it is. Thanks tho bruh. Preciate that love. Man you can swing thru anytime..

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Wow ! you did it huh brah! u were able to cut that dayum axle. i know u were having a problem with it.....its looking real good...that extra wheel will be very handy

Big Saint

Oh yeah!! I was having problems getting the axles out. But after a lot of beating on it, I got the "C" clips out and the axles slid right out. The chop saw made light work of em. I got a few tricks up my sleeves for the other mount im working on. Soon as I get some stock spindles its game over... :twisted:

Elco Warren 8)

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
that spare wheel setup is very nice! it would be sic tho if ya figured out a way to make it spin, like with a remote electric motor, and maybe some lights....just a thought 8)

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
LOL Bro Im waaaaay ahead of you on that. Trust me. It has been figured out and is in motion. This mod had been drawn up and planned out for over a year now. Just getting around to it. Notice there's (3) 1/4" tubes...Its all in the works bruh(winks)..My CC prez was like damn man, that will bust!! (meaning its gonna be nice) The final setup will be a full 14" brembo x drilled rotor and huuuuge caliper all chromed out. The wheel will be on a motor and spin by remote for shows.

Elco Warren

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
Bumpin1ohmSS said:
My CC prez was like damn man, that will bust!! (meaning its gonna be nice)
thanx for translating that for me :lol:

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Brah, when u down here on the 14th stop by and check out elko? what time you think you be around here, so i can chill out with ya'll....?

Big Saint

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
Man Im not sure if Imma make it. I gotta drive waaay out to Blythe to drop the parts off to Mel. Thats a lot of driving. Still thinking about it. I wanted to leave as early as possible saturday morning. I also have to work Friday night and wont get off till 3:30 ish sat morn....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor