87 El Camino Daily Driver/Weekend Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
Welp!! The Elco is officially down. Spun bearing maybe. No oil pressure at all and the motor just sounds crazy. But its all good. New 350 time. Just a basic 290hp 350. Nothin crazy. Headers and a nice exhaust. Cant complain. The old 305 had 173,000 prob free miles on it. Did its job...Stay tuned....

Elco "F*CK SHPS" Warren :twisted:
80zBabiezCC

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Bumpin1ohmSS said:
Welp!! The Elco is officially down. Spun bearing maybe. No oil pressure at all and the motor just sounds crazy. But its all good. New 350 time. Just a basic 290hp 350. Nothin crazy. Headers and a nice exhaust. Cant complain. The old 305 had 173,000 prob free miles on it. Did its job...Stay tuned....

Elco "F*CK SHPS" Warren :twisted:
80zBabiezCC

Awwwwwww no way...i remember when i went to your house u were telling me about the oil pressure.......may ur 305 R.I.P.......MOMENT OF SILENCE...........

Ok thats enought silence, lets see that 350 Build!!! ......stay strong brah, cant wait to see it..

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
Yeah bruh. "Moment of silence" is about to be over! Bout to get a lil noisy over here with that 350. Still up in the air about how Im gonna go about doin this. Do it here or take it out to AZ and me and the fellas get it crackin out there..Im getting the motor from out there so I might go that route.... The ol 305 did its thing. Had a nice lil run with her. Maaaad trips to AZ (95mph the whole way-Just ask Chris HAHA) She did the damn thang for me. Cant ask for more. Budget 350, headers, flows and some shiny thingy's. LOL. Stay tuned...

Elco Warren 8)

melman109

Royal Smart Person
Apr 22, 2008
Arizona
Bumpin1ohmSS said:
Yeah bruh. "Moment of silence" is about to be over! Bout to get a lil noisy over here with that 350. Still up in the air about how Im gonna go about doin this. Do it here or take it out to AZ and me and the fellas get it crackin out there..Im getting the motor from out there so I might go that route.... The ol 305 did its thing. Had a nice lil run with her. Maaaad trips to AZ (95mph the whole way-Just ask Chris HAHA) She did the damn thang for me. Cant ask for more. Budget 350, headers, flows and some shiny thingy's. LOL. Stay tuned...

Elco Warren 8)

If you want to do it out here just let me know when and we can make it happen! I'm about 99% sure this is about to turn into another show car build (like the monte). I just can't see you adding a couple shiny things without going all out, and once that engine is pulled out I already know your going to want to detail that bay. You might want to buy a $500 hoop-tie to get you back and forth to work until the elco is done... :rofl:

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA
melman109 said:
Bumpin1ohmSS said:

Elco Warren 8)

If you want to do it out here just let me know when and we can make it happen! I'm about 99% sure this is about to turn into another show car build (like the monte). I just can't see you adding a couple shiny things without going all out, and once that engine is pulled out I already know your going to want to detail that bay. You might want to buy a $500 hoop-tie to get you back and forth to work until the elco is done... :rofl:
a ha well seaid bro u already kno he gonna have that itis!!! :rofl: :rofl:

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
HAHAHAHA!! Yep! Yall know me all to well. Since Im keeping the AC box and stuff in there, I wont need to fill the holes in the wells and all that extra shiz. Just sand and paint em up. A "cleaned up" bay is all. Like how I did the SS before the tear down. A nice satin black and when I wanted it shiny, I hit it with some armor all. Worked out sweet. Plus, I cant have you guys waitin on me to finish up lil stuff. We will see. First I gotta get the motor goin. I got 95% of the parts. Hell!! I even have all the extra front accessories from Brown Sug! I can powdercoat those now. Oh its comin together like *ss cheeks!!

This is what I have here at the shop already...
1. New Dizzy
2. GMP Plug Wires
3. Holley 600CFM Carb(new)
4. New belts
5. Polished aluminum Valve covers
6. New Starter
7. New Water Pump
8. Comp Cam 1.6 Full roller rockers
9. Chrome water neck
10. New upper/lower radiator hoses
11. Water neck
12. Valve cover gaskets

All I need is a nice set of shorty headers (I can use the stock manifolds for now), an intake (Performance products crosswind), and all the needed break in fluids. IM PUMPED!!!! :mrgreen: This is a daily driving build. Thats all the el is for. Not a beast. Thats being saved for the ss or "Tha Alibu" :wink:

Hell yeah! Stay tuned fellas!!

Elco "F*CK SHOPS" Warren :twisted:
80zBabiezCC

youngdeezy

G-Body Guru
Jan 4, 2007
cali
good work cause of the rock shop you already have almost everything the elco needs. doesnt it feel good to just have the parts already? i cant wait to see this its sounds like how my monte build is going. do your thing you know i'll be watching. did you get that voicemail i dropped let me know about the 31st

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
Yessir! Naw bruh! I didnt even know you called. Hmm. This storm celly sucks. Sorry bout that. But yep. Back on it fam. Gonna swang out to AZ and get a budget 350 long block and go from there. Do a lil cleanup in the bay. Nothin special tho. Im keeping the bottles and stuff and will just primer sand up to 600 grit wet and spray em. Daily driver doesnt need all the serious hookup. Yeah right! You know imma do a lil extra on stuff. Keepin the AC as its been converted over. Just needs to be checked and filled. SO GLAD I GOT THE SUSPENSION OUT THE WAY!!!!. Here's the parts I have so far...

Holley 600 cfm carb from my GM crate motor. Just rebuilt

5826793716_b60b645f7e_z.jpg

New Powermaster starter

5826786342_b164d90954_z.jpg

New Dizzy

5826778742_0fa8db2939_z.jpg

New water pump

5826771236_4691de4c85_z.jpg

new belts, water neck, and my 300 amp alt I had built for my sounds

5826211235_3f16783594_z.jpg

New valve covers and gaskets..

5826767084_4120a73b6b_z.jpg

Still new GM Performance plug wire set. These came off the crat motor when I upgraded to the MSD set. Still all good. They will get the DEI heat sheild treatment in blue along with blue boot covers...

5826775402_6b19bfefbc_z.jpg

5826797004_0e1881d4b3_b.jpg

I also have a brand spankin new MSD 6al2 I might drop in. WTH...Imma drop that in also. I'll need to open the dizzy up to see what setup it has.

4275694639_538e0c07e5_z.jpg

Should be swanging out to AZ here soon to put the order in for the motor. Things I need are some Hedman shorty headers, and a Proffesional Products crosswind intake. Cant wait yall!!!!

Elco "KEEPS IT CHEVY!!" Warren :twisted:

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
ElCaminoGRAN/SPORT said:
Cant wait to see how this new engine turns out, already looks like you off to a good start...

Thanks fam!! I had a bunch of stuff sitting around the "shop" Should come together nicely. Imma clean things up a lil bit. Nothin to crazy since its a daily driver. Preciate you checkin back fam...

[youtube]OdTEG3Mmc8k[/youtube]

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor