Status
Not open for further replies.

melman109

Royal Smart Person
Apr 22, 2008
Arizona
O. D. Showtime said:
Looks great!!

If you don't mind me asking... where did you get the grille and bezels from? I'll need this stuff for my 82 SS in a while.

Thanks

He got them from Elco Robert @ 951-776-9000 or email [email protected]

drknow90rs

Greasemonkey
Aug 12, 2009
Wittmann, AZ
NICE!!!! Loving the pics! I dont have too much luck with ebay for elky parts. Lots of fbody parts on there for my other projects, though.

I'd probably get a billet emblem for that grille. Be a nice touch.

84cruck

n00b
Aug 14, 2009
Orlando, Fl
Wow beautiful cars. I just started the build on my 84 El Camino and we are working on a friends 87 Monte ss. I hope they come out that clean. I love the two tone on the el camino

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
Thanks again fellas for the kind words. Been goin thru some personal stuff but now Im back on the cars. Man!! me and my buddy just changed the starter on my Elco. 2 months later the "new" starter in acting up after long trips because the solenoid is hot. Had to "bump" start it by tapping the "+" "-" the other day. Gonna pick up a new mini starter in the morning and then wrap it with some heat shielding. I'll be sure to check all the wires leading up to the starter to make sure theres no probs with em. A bud of mine suggested I run a beefier + wire to the solenoid. Here's a vid(part 2) from a show held yearly in my area--"Rare El Camino Elco Run". Lots of El's from 78-87. Wheels and colors may not be for everybody. Cool day with my Chevy Fam out at Raging Waters...

[youtube]<object width="660" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nChVw-3ONu8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nChVw-3ONu8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Thanks for looking.

Warren

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
beautiful elky bumpin....love that pic by the water! :D

like others have said, I'm not a big wheeled fan, but that's the most tasteful approach and best looking ride with the larger rims, that I've seen to date! you may have a convert here! :lol:

keep up the progress on the monte too, thing looks sweet as hell already, can't wait to see the finished product! 8)

Darin

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
beautiful car, that grill really adds as well, great job

JAWSS

Apprentice
Sep 23, 2009
Ft.Hood, Texas
Man Warren, you alway have us stepping our games up with either your SS or your Elky. Keep up the good work fam.

J

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
Thanks bruh!! i havent had much time to really get down on the cars like you guys do. But im chuggin along slowly but surely. Im not much of a turkey guy so i spent my time running the wires for my led brake light. Its ghetto rigged to make sure theres no issues before I button it all up. Im tiniting the rear window and finishing up the hurculiner on top around the rear window. Im doind the window seal also. That way the whole bed is black and trimmed with the polished bed railing. Should come out ok... here's a vid i uploaded from my celly... I had my tripod holding the brake pedal in. LOL! I did say it was ghetto rigged up...

[youtube]<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2n-qEJfXyTY&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2n-qEJfXyTY&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
84elko said:
Beautfiul ride i missed the elko run to to car issues hopefully next year. been trying to get a meet going just to get out and see the elkos in so cal. no luck yet.

WOW! thanks for the comment. I was hoping to see you and your clean El at the run. I think they are trying to get something else goin soon . I'll keep you posted.

Warren 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor