87 El Camino Daily Driver/Weekend Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
you killin em warren wit that brake light.. now when i hit them wit my taillight project they gonna really be like these guys is doin it..

kuruption109 said:
now when i hit them wit my taillight project they gonna really be like these guys is doin it..

8)

Thats whats up fam. Thanks for the props on it. It could have turned out a lil cleaner, but I wasnt really worried about that. I finished up the hurculiner around the window and rolled some on the window trim. The trim was in bad shape any way so I decided to cover it. Only prob is that the fresh hurc is shiny. I can either roll a thin layer of hurc over the old coat, or just wait it out and let the sun fade it out to match. Here's some pics I snapped with my celly...hurculiner isnt finished up in these pics. I'll get some better photo's with my Sony....

click each pic for larger views

Tinted the rear window....

4146821600_fcd856e86f_b.jpg

That same led setup will run all the way across on my SS' tail. 40" of led's and my sequential LED tail lights will most def. bust. After seeing how this turned out, I cant wait to see the end result on the SS.

W 8) arren

Swapped out a few of interior bulbs for some led's from superbrightleds.com.

Im still debating on if I want to do the instrument cluster bulbs. I might be doing the Dakota Digital dash setup like my SS has next spring. might be a waste of loot. Im also getting my parts together for a lil front end rebuild. Upper/lower control arms, ball joints and all the usual stuff. Gettin all the parts together. Big shout out to the big homie Chris and Mel for all the help and stuff. Thanks fam!! We're gettin it together. I need to quit being lazy and upload my better pics of the finished led brake light mod. Rolled the last section of Herculiner down. Looks sweet at night cuz its all black with the wintow tinted...
Thanks for lookin...

Warren

84elko said:
Make sure you get all moog on the front end re did my front with moog and the rear with hotckis and with the bigger sway bars and bilsten shocks and new springs my elko handles like a slot car.

Thanks for checkin the pics out. I had the 3rd brake light for a while. Been lazy(work nights and 2 kids wears ya out!) I picked up an ebay front rebuild kit(has all the ball joints and stuff), new upper control arm with bushings and ball joints, Hotchkis front/rear sways, and the big homie Mel is giving me some lower control arms to rebuild. I'll use the bushings and ball joints from the ebay kit for the lowers. Not moog, but it will be a helluva lot better than whats goin on with my front end. I picked up some Napa front shocks, rear air shocks, and a coil airbag kit(the orange ones) Just need to get on it and install it all. The place looks like Pepboys and my old lady isnt havin it. LOL!

Thanks for lookin bruh!

Warren

Lil vid of the light in action...

[youtube]<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FViBkMCq2EE&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FViBkMCq2EE&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>[/youtube]

kuruption109 said:
Came out SWEET!!!

Thank my boy!! preciate the love on that lil project. Could have came out a lil cleaner, but it aint a show ride. just needed something functional to get peeps attention. Cant wait to get the cowl hood painted up and on. Gettin a posi unit with 3:73's and some new axles done for the old girl soon. Need to get on the suspension parts install. Hope the ride height doesnt change. I like her nice and low lo....

gbodyaddict said:
great things going on in here.......nice 87 BUMPIN..........

Aw man!! Thanks! Tryin to get the old girl together.. Preciate' the comment and you checking things out in the thread...

The big homie melman hooked me up with a front air dam.. needs work but thats the fun part. We never discard a part. Pass it to the next homie and then beautify it..

4185944679_1a296f0aa3.jpg

Chromed my steering wheel and Grant "No Wheel No steal" system...

4185917513_e34c1b41d7.jpg

4185928997_fb6686da0e_b.jpg

Thanks for lookin!!

Warren 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor