87 El Camino Daily Driver/Weekend Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey nice elco, i got one exactly the same color that im working on. Mines a 86 conquista 2 tone blue. I just have one question i know u got 22"s but what r the exact size on those 22"s and tire size. Also did u use spacers to lift up that elco? Thanks in advance Albert

longie13 said:
Hey nice elco, i got one exactly the same color that im working on. Mines a 86 conquista 2 tone blue. I just have one question i know u got 22"s but what r the exact size on those 22"s and tire size. Also did u use spacers to lift up that elco? Thanks in advance Albert

Thanks fellas! Appreciate the comments. @ longie13..Its not lifted bruh. All stock suspension. Im currently restoring the whole front end. Moog front springs, New upper control arms, new lower control arm bushings, springs, idler arm, centerlink, the works. After all this is installed, the front will probably sit a lil higher. I have some drop spindles to take care of that. Not into the lifted look at all. I love to see El's with a lil tire tuckin....Thanks for chekin it out. i should have some new parts installed and pics up soon...

Warren

Thanks for responding but you didnt mentioned the tire size on those 22's what are the tire size and rim size 22 x what? Also where do you recommend I go get a set of 22's from, I live in the harbor area.

longie13 said:
Thanks for responding but you didnt mentioned the tire size on those 22's what are the tire size and rim size 22 x what? Also where do you recommend I go get a set of 22's from, I live in the harbor area.

245-30-22 Tires, I believe they are 9" wide (I'm sure Warren will correct me if i'm wrong). I don't think they come any wider than that. Try searching on criagslist there are lots of places that sell them in the LA area that advertise on craigslist

Thanks Mel. 245/30/22 Nexxus all around. Havent paid the El much attention lately. My SS has been gettin all the luv. Finally got enough energy to work on my cowl hood. My big homie Elco James sold this beauty to me for $200. Had to scoop it up!!

Aircraft stripper is the bomb!!! I did lil sections at a time. 20 m,inutes later the hood was clean!!

4460255540_04e98e518d_b.jpg

4459463263_452f6cc4e1_b.jpg

4459466843_5f04fa4011_b.jpg

4459470447_c67e8cbd02_b.jpg

4459477975_70423bc958_b.jpg

All done..

4459495509_c8ca720d08_b.jpg

Hand sanded the other side. I didnt use the da sander or stripper so I could get used to the work involved. Ouch!!!

4459511707_22045510c0_b.jpg

Couple hours later..Done!!

4460441443_7dfbc01113_b.jpg

Im also working on a front air damn that the big homie Melman GAVE me. Sweet!!! Has a few issues, but its nothin I cant fix.. We NEVER discard a piece. Pass it on to the next homie and beautify it...

4460223642_da3a34a951_b.jpg

4460227000_512c7e23f2_b.jpg

Gonna mold some fog lights in here..

4460238990_fea9e97fac_b.jpg

Gotta find the perfect lens to fit in there. Pepboys here I come!!

Thanks for lookin! Wish me luck on all this..

Warren 8)

T-TOP TONY said:
Damn bro youve been doing all kinds of stuff now. Youve been watching speed tv

Hahahah I think both of yall been watchin the same channel cuz yall both been puttin in work this month. I guess we don't get that station in AZ.

Looking good brotha Warren, keep up the good work!

melman109 said:
T-TOP TONY said:
Damn bro youve been doing all kinds of stuff now. Youve been watching speed tv

Hahahah I think both of yall been watchin the same channel cuz yall both been puttin in work this month. I guess we don't get that station in AZ.

Looking good brotha Warren, keep up the good work!

Hahaha yeah i think so Mel. Dont trip ill record some episodes for you and Chris lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor