87 El Camino Daily Driver/Weekend Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
LSCustoms said:
come one man, no updates, your gonna make me lose my motivation... i need to come over there and grab some more s&it. maybe thatll kick it back in gear, like that suspension you got on the ss, or all those parts you got stored up all fresh, you dont need all that stuff...lol

Lmao Warren motivates us all to get ish done, if it weren't for him my car would be no where near where it is now. He has all kinds of goodies in tha roc shop! Keep them updates coming brah!!!

WoooooooW! (in my Flava flav voice) Thanks for checkin back fellas! This keeps me motivated to stay on my grind and get it crackin. No real updates cuz the car is out there in AZ. Im tellin you if it was here this thread would be updated by the hour-lol. Im hittin Az this Saturday right after work. Shower and back on the road to arizona. The lil woman's not coming so I can get rolling whenvever. I did a rush job on my wheel wells. Nothing special. Just sanded em and sprayed em up. When I get another set I will work my magic on em. The factory AC box is goin in for now while I save for the Vintage air setup :mrgreen: Once I get that installed then Im welding (and when I say "I'm" I mean Skip Foose :wink: ) the bowtie ac delete plate in and smoothing the firewall. I really didnt want to go all out with this lil truck, but things have changed :mrgreen: Should be Fun. Ive started mocking things up for my Digital setup-THANKS DEEZY FOR THE GAUGE COVER. Got it sanded with 2000, holes cut for my extra gauge and ready for paint....

Hole cut and I mocked up the gauges. Will look cool. I'll be running a total of (4) 2 1/16" gauges and the panel

6009945536_761f13d506_b.jpg

6009399483_957aa40650_b.jpg

Just scuffed and sprayed these. No real work went into em. Had a few spots react to the final prep cleaner and said effit. Not redoing em. I threw some stickers on to cover the few areas. This is not permanent. I'll be looking for another set to freak out. Im ready to step up to a spray gun and learn to mix paint, cut and buff it. Its time..

6009422707_0dda55dff7_b.jpg

6009969556_40c1045122_b.jpg

Thats about it until Saturday. Im hittin the fwy right after work. Should be arriving in az around 8 and the fun begins..

Thanks for checking back... 😀
Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

and if you dont invite me next time you go out there for a turn around... and not just invite me but call me after you get off, then.. :idea: oh... wait... i heard you just got a warrant right after you left... i may have to call the police on you... :twisted:

LSCustoms said:
and if you dont invite me next time you go out there for a turn around... and not just invite me but call me after you get off, then.. :idea: oh... wait... i heard you just got a warrant right after you left... i may have to call the police on you... :twisted:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

LSCustoms said:

SMDH.. I thought all the Rampart division got taken down. 1 rogue dude left I see. HAHAHA! man I though you were all cuddled up on that comfy *ss lavender and purple sea doo seat over there. Didnt wanna disturb you in all tha comfyness... :mrgreen: But I did ask if you wanted to roll. I should have called after I got off. Well I did text, but a call would have ben better... Also that sticker wouldnt lay down cuz Of the curvature of the wells. Imma redo em later. Not sweatin the lil runs and stuff now. Imma roll with some Paint Elco Mel suggested. The cans have the spray tip I love like Krylon has. Dont ask me how I know about Krylons tips tho :rofl:

Some pics from Saturday. 24 hours straight thru. No sleep and nothin but a Monster drink and chips to get a brotha thru. Elco Mel and Mr "Foe Speed dat HO!!" Malibu Chris made sure I had some grub before I left. Thanks again fellas for all the help and stuff. Thats love!!!! We had a helluva time talkin ish, joking around and just enjoyin workin on these Chevy's..

I got there around 7:45-8am and taped everything up. Soon as Mel and Chris showed they didnt waste any time. When they rolled up I was in the bay lookin like a detailing ninja. HAHA! :rofl: I had all the dirt and stuff wiped out bout time they got there. We started scuffing up the firewall with the red scotchbrite pads and then used some acetone to clean everything up. Waited about 10 minutes and then I started spraying the primer...

Didnt realize my cam was on the wrong setting. Sorry for bad pics...

6018539079_ea47c7d684_b.jpg

6019088484_706905587b_b.jpg

6019096808_1a64ecf6e5_b.jpg

6019098828_750eb0f25e_b.jpg

6018550685_6106613c25_b.jpg

6019107194_98ce8e62ed_b.jpg

You see that look on Melmans's face?? Thats the whole vibe when we get together and kick it or work on these rides. Love these two dudes like they are my own damn blood!

6018557815_fcfb5495d1_b.jpg

The "old guy" Elco Warren

6018568047_7bdc268dd7_b.jpg

Shakin em up like I was bout to roll a seven!!!

6018573241_58ddb1b001_b.jpg

Gettin into it..

6019132216_4c990cbc9a_b.jpg

Primer done

6018598843_478a92706d_b.jpg

Painting..

6018607383_6c6fbc3efa_b.jpg

6019160740_2bb8a9c2d3_b.jpg

Done. 4 light coats...

6019163260_638f26a4ed_b.jpg

6019174146_1df655fa00_b.jpg

6019186952_3384cbf6e5_b.jpg

More pics here. Click photo below to go to site for more pics..

That was all done in 110 degree temp. It was alot better than last time I swung thru. That heat is no effin joke bruh! Lack of sleep, food and a 4 hour drive already had me out of it. But hangin with the youth kept me goin. All this work we are doin might not be the way to do it. I say this cuz you get dudes that come in and start sayin bs. We are all learning as we go along from car to car, project to project. Now we all appreciate any helps and tips from everyone. Thats why I post up so peeps see what Im doing and maybe lend a hand. Preciate you guys swingin back thru and checkin ya lil homie "ElcOCD Warren" aka "Ecko Warren" out. This paint will be baked on bout time I get back out there. Now I'm workin on my end to get the motor out the SS and out to AZ...

Elco Warren 8)

AHHHHHHHHH yea! that bay is looking way better!! im liking it alot...looks like u guys are having a blast out there....wish i was there to not help, but to pull up a chair and have me a beer looking at ya'll working in that dayum heat...lmao..j/k :rofl: keep it up brah, pretty soon she be rolling...and cant wait to see that 350 in her!!! DAYUM!

Yeah it was just a quick spray since the bay is empty. Im snatchin the factory ac unit later for an under the dash unit soon. I'll smooth the firewall and respray then. It was hard spraying cuz it was windy for some reason. And yes! 110 was hot but alot better than the week before. 117! Ouch!!! Thanks for checkin back. its all on me now. Just need to stop being lazy and get the motor out the ss... Imma just rent a truck for the weekend and swang it out there. Maybe take a Friday off, rent the truck, call the homies up and snatch the motor. Then drop it in the truck and swang it to AZ... Sounds like a plan...

"Ecko" Warren

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor