87 El Camino Daily Driver/Weekend Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
LSCustoms said:
looking good bro... im still calling the police...

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
AHHHHHHHHH yea! that bay is looking way better!! im liking it alot...looks like u guys are having a blast out there....wish i was there to not help, but to pull up a chair and have me a beer looking at ya'll working in that dayum heat...lmao..j/k :rofl: keep it up brah, pretty soon she be rolling...and cant wait to see that 350 in her!!! DAYUM!

:rofl: we could have def used yall company, good times! can't wait to do it again!!

LSCustoms said:
looking good bro... im still calling the police...

They'll never take me alive! Im 100 miles and runnin bumpin my fave NWA track :mrgreen:

86_olds said:
damm bro engine bay looks immaculate

Thanks!! Its cool for now. It was hard spraying it cuz of all the wind. When I get the old girl back home I can redo it. Just wanted to get somethin done with the motor out. Preciate the love bruh!

Blake442 said:
God damn dude, doin that sh*t with the hood as your only shade is no joke!!

Man aint it the truth!! But this time around we were ok. Last visit it was 117 and we had no food in us. I hadnt slept in 24 hours and was sleepy as hell! We came prepared this time. Took a break and chilled, then got back on it. Man I love those two dudes to death man. They come thru everytime and just start workin. WOW! Thanks for checkin it out..

Dave V said:
warren that looks beautiful....great job....

Thanks D!!! Man we are all trying to get on your level and quality of build bruh! Im always in complete awe when I see your car. So many sweet, well executed mods man. Thanks for checkin back on the old girl. We gettin her there. Im all finished up on my SS dash swap and can start to drain fluids and stuff on the motor. Time to grind!!! Mels said said not come down this coming weekend so I'll try to get the motor pulled and on the stand......Wish me luck!!! LOL!

"Ekco" Warren :mrgreen:

L.A.X-RATED said:
Rampart scandal, lmfao you ain't right homie :rofl: nice progreSS.

HAHA! Thanks bruh. Gettin there slowly. I would have been finished up if the car was here. Plans changed (as they always do) and I decided to pull the SS motor. I'm looking to get the Motor out there Friday Sept 2.

"Ekco" Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
L.A.X-RATED said:
Rampart scandal, lmfao you ain't right homie :rofl: nice progreSS.

HAHA! Thanks bruh. Gettin there slowly. I would have been finished up if the car was here. Plans changed (as they always do) and I decided to pull the SS motor. I'm looking to get the Motor out there Friday Sept 2.

"Ekco" Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC
may have some good temporary news for the ss too... working on it...

Ok.. Now I can get back to work on my stuff. I decided to step it up and try my hand at the next level of bodywork. Ive been working the primer so the paint lays as flat, smooth and glossy as possible with pretty good results (for a newb). Now Im gonna flip it and start doin all the color sanding to the paint. I want to learn how to color sand the clear and buff to a brilliant finish. Doin it the cut/buff way will eliminate the lint, bugs, runs out of the wells cuz it all gets wet sanded out. I've been watchin a few vids on it, and I feel VERY CONFIDENT I can handle the job. I had covered the problem areas on my wells up with a few stickers. But Imma remove the stickers and use the wells to practice on since the car is down. One well has had the stickers removed and Ive wet sanded any problem areas out. Then I wet sanded it up to 2000. Its all practice so Im not worried about the few areas that Ive burned thru the paint on. That well is ready for buff. The other well will get 800 wet sand to knock down any problem spots and then 2 more coats of black enamel. Then let cure and hit with 800 wet again. After that, imma clear the well with 3-4 coats of clear. Let cure and then start the "cut" process up to 3000. Then use meguirs "Ultimate Compund" and my buffer and see how well it comes out. I'll be able to compare the cut/buffed non cleared well vs the cleared "cut/buffed" well. Cant wait to see the results....

Here's a lil vid. There's also a clickable link within the vid to get to part 2. Its in blue on top of the vid..

[youtube]Fyy3YBRXGNA[/youtube]

Wish me luck!!! :wink:

ElcOCD Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor