f9cb813f.jpg

3d242b03.jpg

32265335.jpg

3a6f21af.jpg

f4f90197.jpg

a6f21921.jpg

7e660fe6.jpg

zuma83 said:
iam sry but iam youst to seeing updates every other day ! i need my fixxx plzz :rofl:

HAHA!! Havent been on the ol girl much but i got a few header wrap updates. Im just figuring out what wires I'll need (smog deleted) and what the best way to cap off all the wires not being used. Pretty boring stuffs right now

melman109 said:
Mr. Warren is at it again

He started wrapping his headers today

Thanks for postin the pics up bruh!!! Im lovin how they look. Turned out clean for a first timer I got the other header done and mounted...

Bad celly pics sorry..

6293789566_b0c6a9dcea_z.jpg

6293790650_1da0eb2880_z.jpg

6293791390_872af3f35b_z.jpg

6293278765_d26bcf3766_z.jpg

checking out the header bolt lock setup from stage 8

6293277803_e8ec4efff4_z.jpg

6293792420_1492a01e98_z.jpg

Felt like crap today but still put some wrench time in. I'll be back on it in the morn. Simple stuff--install drive shaft and some other lil stuff...

Elco Warren

dayum! last pic almost blinded me! cant wait to fire this up... I mean for you to fire this up... still a little mad though, I shoulda stole the SS before you started going all brain on it again... soon as you finish it, its gone!

Super clean brah..to tell u the truth I have never seen headers wrapped....and they look sweet....the engine bay is going to stay so fresh And so clean with those wrapped....great job 😛

LSCustoms said:
dayum! last pic almost blinded me! cant wait to fire this up... I mean for you to fire this up... still a little mad though, I shoulda stole the SS before you started going all brain on it again... soon as you finish it, its gone!

HAHA! Sun was hittin it and this camera on the iPhone does some wierd stuffs. The intake and valve covers dont really blang like that. Oh yeah!?? Drive it like you stole it!! Now you gotta push it like you stole it LOL! Thanks bruh!

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Super clean brah..to tell u the truth I have never seen headers wrapped....and they look sweet....the engine bay is going to stay so fresh And so clean with those wrapped....great job 😛

Thanks Saint!! My first time doin this. I got a lot of "dont do it!" from some of the homies. But I didnt want to pay $400 to recoat em. Thats loot spent elswhere. With the detail Im gonna put on em and all the other blue, chrome and "freshened" up parts it should flow well-and keep engine temps down. Preciate the kind words fam! 😀

ElCaminoGRAN/SPORT said:
That chrome is blinding for real,looks real good.

Thanks bruh! That camera did some weird stuff. It really isnt that "chromey"---But will be soon :twisted: Thanks for checkin back. Man Im kicking myself I didnt jump on those bed rails you had up for sale :x

Bout to head out and see wassup with the El now. Then swing up to Harbor Freight to get that welder. "Its customizing time with Elco Warren :wink:

Elco Warren 8)

80zBabiezCC

Setting the standard as usual there warren :wink: coming along very nicely.so you gonna try your hand at welding now huh?.that's west up,i've picked up the mig as well with the guidance of my promos(cuzns) i've shaved and done my own welding on my el,almost done just finished up the bed rails and now gonna be welding up my cowl hood (from stock) and welding up some pieces for the quarter panel in front of wheel well asand behind wheel well as to match up body lines for the mcss front clip and doors to match up with these lines from monte,to elco.AIN'T NOTHING TO IT BUT TO DO IT!!! Keep grindin homie and this ese's. Staying tuned 8)

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
zuma83 said:
iam sry but iam youst to seeing updates every other day ! i need my fixxx plzz :rofl:

HAHA!! Havent been on the ol girl much but i got a few header wrap updates. Im just figuring out what wires I'll need (smog deleted) and what the best way to cap off all the wires not being used. Pretty boring stuffs right now

Elco Warren

Those headers look pretty sick wrapped looks almost like a cast :drool:

You prob already figured it out but the only wires you will need are the ones on the driver side of the motor coming out of the firewall. (Headlight harness + power, AC, guages harness)

the ones on the pass side are for all the emmisions, carb and distributor control so they are not needed. The only one you might still want to keep from the passenger side is the 3 that connect to the trans plug to control lock up you can crawl under there and see the colors from there. (if i remember right its a brown/black, a yellow and a pink). But theres different ways that you can still make it work. I'm going to hook it up to a switch that way i can turn on lock up on and off whenever from inside. if you do that too then you can unplug that set of wires from the computer and just remove the whole harness you will just have to figure out how to plug up that hole so water doesnt get in. that gets rid of all of the unnessesary wires and lets you keep AC.

For vacuum lines you only need one to brake booster, one from the canister to carb (not needed but you burn those fumes so helps with mileage), PCV valve to carb, and a vaccum line for your distributor (manifold or ported, depending on what your engine likes more)

Sorry for the long post...If you need any help figuring out what wires you dont need or anything feel free to pm me..hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor