87 El Camino Daily Driver/Weekend Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave V said:
just take your time it will be all good. i will say that i would tighten all the accessory brackets while to motor is out as it will be easy on the stand. keep up the good work.

Yessir! Beautiful thing is that I have the torque wrench and build sheet for the motor and serp setup. It has all the torque specs and step by step instructons to get it installed correctly. I'll get some water pump gaskets first thing and use a lil "The Right Stuff" and get it sealed up. I hope this oil pan is sealed nicely. I used a felpro gasket and "the right stuff" to seal it. 1200 miles on the motor after the Az run break in. I'm thinking I should go Mobil 1 Synthetic now? Hmmmm

Elco...
80z UP!!

Dave V said:
just take your time it will be all good. i will say that i would tighten all the accessory brackets while to motor is out as it will be easy on the stand. keep up the good work.

Dave,
Tha rock shop is the ishhhhhhhh huh??? Everytime I go to Warren pad I get all pumped up and want to get my wrenchin on!!!!

Wait wait....let me guess did u leave with alot of goodies??? I love the blue shop towels...the come in handy BIG TIME!!!!

I love u guys man!!!! Much props to the Very Big Homie "ELKO WARREN"...love that roc shop!!!

Yep them shop towels will come in handy but its the other item that has me choked up still. All in all warren is just the man. Warren I would waif a bit longer so the rings get seated on all my rides I switch to Mobil 1 at the 3000 mark

Lookin top notch dude!

To be honest, I wouldn't wrap the headers on a street car. They trap water and will cause them to rust out rather quickly.
If cooler temps is what you're after, just have them ceramic-coated... Just my .02 8)

Blake442 said:
Lookin top notch dude!

To be honest, I wouldn't wrap the headers on a street car. They trap water and will cause them to rust out rather quickly.
If cooler temps is what you're after, just have them ceramic-coated... Just my .02 8)
they r already ceramic coated

LSCustoms said:
Blake442 said:
Lookin top notch dude!

x2 on that ..but OCD kicked in and warren has to perfect them!!plus themhaters pushed him to the limit and now hes goin elco "DETAIL KING"warren on them :mrgreen:

kuruption109 said:
LSCustoms said:
Blake442 said:
Lookin top notch dude!

x2 on that ..but OCD kicked in and warren has to perfect them!!plus themhaters pushed him to the limit and now hes goin elco "DETAIL KING"warren on them :mrgreen:

detail king in the house and im loving the work he is putting out

Thanks fellas! Yep. The Doug's Headers are already ceramic coated. They were beautiful when I purchased them. That old shop broke the motor in with them on and they dulled out badly. Wasn't any bringing em back either. Lol. So I scuffed em, cleaned em up and sprayed em with some DEI header spray. Now imma wrap em. I also have a clear header wrap spray to protect the wrapping. Hoping all this will keep rust and heat at bay. Time will tell

Elco Warren 8)

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
Thanks fellas! Yep. The Doug's Headers are already ceramic coated. They were beautiful when I purchased them. That old shop broke the motor in with them on and they dulled out badly. Wasn't any bringing em back either. Lol. So I scuffed em, cleaned em up and sprayed em with some DEI header spray. Now imma wrap em. I also have a clear header wrap spray to protect the wrapping. Hoping all this will keep rust and heat at bay. Time will tell

Elco Warren 8)

honestly having seen the headers the way they look right now would be ok to put them in but i get why you want the blue wrap either way it should be sweet....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor