87 Monte Carlo SS Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedman87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 5, 2019
Southern Maryland
Look your older car's brother! 85 MC SS. With same genetic defect!
I totally understand, I didn't want to be cutting grinding and welding either... I wanted to be doing the fun stuff too.. for me it's the paint n body work.. the non metal fab stuff for sure... Anyway got a ways for that.. I at least waited till Christmas to unwrap my carpet to see if the car is naughty or nice! Looking naughty so far. I have not had the time ( really courage) to peel carpet back on driver's side yet! :blam:
View attachment 132162 View attachment 132163

That's hilarious. Didn't think Texas would have the rust issues down there. Wish you were closer man, we could trade skills. I could definitely use a hand with the body work. :LOL:

Reactions: 1 user

Cte069

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 8, 2019
Waco tx area
That's hilarious. Didn't think Texas would have the rust issues down there. Wish you were closer man, we could trade skills. I could definitely use a hand with the body work. :LOL:
Didn't notice if urs was a ttop or not?? Mine is.. This is what happens in Texas if seals are not properly maintained. Yes would be cool if u were close, would def trade out skills. We almost couldn't be further apart. However I was close on Halloween. Was in Salem mass. Drinking, smoking, eating oysters and trying to burn some witches.. fun times...

Last edited:

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Not sure if it's been said already... but, BuRP is garbage. Holley the whole swap.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
BRP has a bunch of short comings from materials, to operating angles, to a distinct lack of engineering/robustness. It is junk.

Holley has everything you need in a single engineered package. The money is with the hassle saved. Look into it.

Reactions: 1 users

Cte069

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 8, 2019
Waco tx area
BRP has a bunch of short comings from materials, to operating angles, to a distinct lack of engineering/robustness. It is junk.

Holley has everything you need in a single engineered package. The money is with the hassle saved. Look into it.
Ah, BuRP pun for BRP. Got ya. Never used them, but I looked at their LS conversion stuff- it seemed very expensive to me. I know they were one of the pioneers in that area, but DAM surely they made their fortune by now... I guess if you got money to throw at your car, I'm not mad. Me personally, I try to stay away from the big "Corporate Kits" Esp with all the info out with what over the counter parts work for the conversion and how even a non metal fab person can knock out a 4l60/80 cross member.. Rather it Ls conversion or chassis stuff, I would rather spend hrs surfing forums/watching YouTube in my bean bag chair while eating Cheetos then paying people 4X PLUS what the parts are worth cause they incorporated the research/engineering time in the product's price. Which I don't blame them, just not for me. My research only cost me time,cheetos and orange finger prints on my laptop. I learn new stuff, practice honing a new trade set and my time is free. Otherwise I'd just do model cars from the hobby shop, after all everything fits you got directions and it's pre-engineered.. I like garage, backyard engineered proven combos that people share cause of the love of this hobby with cost saving included. If I use your engineered method,me and my car are paying homage to you..

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor