BUILD THREAD 87 SS, 305 is the one who knocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakes87SS

G-Body Guru
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
i'm not entirely satisfied with how this pypes system sounds so i've narrowed it down to 3 things: flowmaster 40s like everyone else, spintechs like i had on my s10 or the supertrapps i've wanted since high school, which i'm leaning towards since they are tunable so i can quiet it down when need be and go full nascar when i want to on weekends for having fun. also i think that core 3 vette front brakes kit that uses the 325 rotors will get tossed on,

Last edited:

jakes87SS

G-Body Guru
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
ok so i decided this year will be fix a few things and enjoy it since i didnt get to last year with blowing it up and swapping and all that so i will get the ac fixed, get the parts i've ordered installed and just enjoy this summer i ordered the kore3 vette 325mm bbk i wanted the bigger ones but i dont want to have to order new wheels after just getting my n90 reps. at some point in the future i may order the gnx reps from g-body parts online so i can get the 18's

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

jakes87SS

G-Body Guru
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
dD44JLu.jpg

got the calipers brackets and adapters, just gotta order the hawk pads and rotors and i think im going to try out the skf x-tracker wheel bearings from what i'm reading they are a lower rolling resistance that are supposed to be stronger and my base cheap as i could find summit racing brand ones are getting a shade noisy and one saide takes more effort than the other.

Reactions: 1 users

jakes87SS

G-Body Guru
Jul 25, 2017
ohio

jakes87SS

G-Body Guru
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
ordered hurst line lock, b&m stealth ratchet and all the crap to install it plus the dual button controller thing for the shifter so i can run the line lock and some nitrous off it. ordered some skf x tracker blazer hubs to replace my cheapest hubs i could find when i did the blazer brake swap. they make some interesting claims about strength. still need to get the ac going and that will be about it for spring late summer i think i may work on nitrous but i still have to figure out the fi-tech or decide to ditch it for a msd atomic efi setup. ill be starting all this once all this stuff shows up from holley middle of next month, i though i was ordering pretty simple stuff but they have already pushed back my shipment once.

Reactions: 1 user

jakes87SS

G-Body Guru
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
I'm curious about the SC-EFI comment. Why are you ditching the FI Tech, for an MSD? Why MSD over Holley?
I don't know if its my own incompetence or perhaps a bad unit but the car runs rich at low rpm and leans out top and and refuses to save any corrections. once its full time driving weather i'm going to reset it and do a complete relearn and drive it like a granny for a few days because admittedly as soon as i had the efi installed and it did the initial learn i was going hard in the paint with that car. Perhaps it needs a few days of normal driving to learn bottom end fuel trims then go ham on it again, but if it wont, i'm going msd atomic as im going to put a full msd ignition and nitrous on it, and msd atomic is setup to control nitrous and timing curves and seems much more end user friendly, i suppose if i was a actual tuner all the crap fitech can do is cool but i'm not, so it isn't. and i know its inability to tune properly led to my dyno disappointment as i know that engine is capable of more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor