87 T -Top Salon Build SupremeSpeed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
Here we have my 87 Olds Cutlass Salon with T - Tops. I purchased this beauty a week ago and plan to restore it back to showroom quality. This will be one I will keep.
cutty bar.jpg t top.jpg 86 t top.jpg 86 salon.jpg 86.jpg my.jpg

Reactions: 8 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Greetings from dirty Jersey nice start for a project I'm an olds guy myself

Reactions: 1 user

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
I'm dropping in a 72 Olds 350 with a built Buick Grand National 2004-R transmission. The motor was originally planned to go into my 88 Supreme Classic, but then decided to build the 307 for that particular project.

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
Greetings from dirty Jersey nice start for a project I'm an olds guy myself
It's always a pleasure meeting fellow Olds bros! I've been an Olds guy since I was 9. My dad had a 77 back in the 80s and a 76 Monte Carlo.

Last edited:

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
It's always a pleasure meeting fellow Olds bros! I've been an Olds guy since I was 9. My dad had a 77 back in the 80s and a 78 Monte Carlo.
My first one was actually 2 cars I got them for passing 6th grade a yellow 77 salon and a 76 supreme parts car but that was a long time ago now I have a 78 Cutlass W-31 project a 78 parts car an 87 455 4speed and my 10 year old daughter has a 79 Hurst Olds the hole family is oldsmonuts my brother has 2 69 W-30 cars a 69 Hurst Olds a 70 442 convertible and a 69 Cutlass wagon "442" it's a happy disease lol

Reactions: 4 users

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
My first one was actually 2 cars I got them for passing 6th grade a yellow 77 salon and a 76 supreme parts car but that was a long time ago now I have a 78 Cutlass W-31 project a 78 parts car an 87 455 4speed and my 10 year old daughter has a 79 Hurst Olds the hole family is oldsmonuts my brother has 2 69 W-30 cars a 69 Hurst Olds a 70 442 convertible and a 69 Cutlass wagon "442" it's a happy disease lol
I plan on building a 78 Dx engine once I'm done with these 2 projects. I just sold a 78 Olds to a buddy of mine. I had intended on using the Dx for that. I've rubbed my Olds addiction on him, and he begged for months to buy that car. My brother had a few, back in our teen years. He went through at least 6 from the time we were 16 'til we turned 21. It was one Buick Regal in the mix also.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
The Monte Carlo looked identical to this one, except my dad's was stock. This is a photo I found searching for a match to the one my dad had. Screenshot_2017-06-07-08-58-22-1.png

Last edited:

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
I would have kept the 87 Salon original, but the previous owner had pulled the engine and transmission. I already have an Olds engine built, and was in the process of building a transmission for my current project, when the opportunity to buy it came. It belonged to a young nephew of mine. He didn't know what to do with it, but had it going on four years. The 72 Olds block was actually bought from him. He had plans for that to go in the Salon. The 72 block came from a 78 Cutlass Supreme with a 350 transmission, with a shift kit. He sold the 78, then I got motor, and transmission for $200. The Salon had a 403 with a BOP Th400. Which I bought both. I've been buying everything the kid was selling, before someone else got the chance. His buddy's talked him into going Chevy, so he pulled the 403. I knew eventually he was gonna sell the Salon also. Well that's where I'm at. My mind isn't made up. Maybe I should pull the 307 from the Supreme Classic, and drop it in the Salon, I don't know. If anyone reads this run - on non sense, please feel free to offer advice. I know it all depend's on what I want from the car. I'm not racing, would like to have a nice street car. I don't need lots of power it is a T-Top car. I was thinking the 72 Olds cause it's built and could drop right in. I would really like to drive this car for a long distance. Maybe take a road trip or something.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor