98~05 Blazer brake upgrade! DONE!

mkube396

Greasemonkey
Aug 28, 2009
South Buffalo / West seneca NY
richp85elco said:
anyone know the torque specs for the hub to spindle, PAB to spindle, and caliper mounting bolts

Wheel Hub and Bearing Assembly to Steering Knuckle Bolts 77 ft.lb
Ball Joint to Steering Knuckle Castle Nut (Lower) 79 ft.lb
Ball Joint to Steering Knuckle Castle Nut (Upper) 61 ft.lb
Ball Joint Nuts (Upper/Lower) (Replacement Joint) 17 ft.lb

i added them to the main post. :)

lg1200

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2011
I have everything for the brake upgrade except my rotors, pads, and hubs. Now with the hubs I won't be using the ABS stuff since our cars don't have ABS, so which replacement hubs do I buy that don't have the ABS sensor/plug?

V6UnderPressure

Greasemonkey
Jul 7, 2008
New Lenox, IL
lg1200 said:
I have everything for the brake upgrade except my rotors, pads, and hubs. Now with the hubs I won't be using the ABS stuff since our cars don't have ABS, so which replacement hubs do I buy that don't have the ABS sensor/plug?

I believe they all do, because they all had ABS starting in 98'. You need to cut it off. I was thinking it would be nice to take the sensor out, use a bolt to seal the one hole, and use a rubber plug of some sort to plug the other hole. Haven't found anything yet though.

lg1200

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2011
I'm waiting for word back from another board member whose completed this upgrade to see which new hubs he's using and what he did about the ABS plug/sensor on the hub.

richp85elco

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
Long Beach, CA
i just cut off the wire as close to the bottom of the square rubber piece at the end as I could and left it on there, otherwise you'd have a hole for water to get into the bearing..I do think there are non abs hubs but I used some i pulled from the yard so I had no choice

mkube396

Greasemonkey
Aug 28, 2009
South Buffalo / West seneca NY
God just cut the wire off it is not in the way of any thing! :roll:

V6UnderPressure

Greasemonkey
Jul 7, 2008
New Lenox, IL
I see it was mentioned earlier, but just wanted to provide info that the Blazer frame bracket for the brake line bolts right in. The slot for the tab is even on the right spot. See page 2 for the pic. Someone has already done this.

Has anyone come up with rust free brake dust shields yet? OR, where can I get the spacer that I see people using instead of the dust shield?

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor