98~05 Blazer brake upgrade! DONE!

mkube396 said:
Carlola said:
Does anyone know if stock blazer dust shields work with the 13" c5 brake conversion?
what should I use to fill the ABS hole, sealant or just tack weld it closed?
Thanks

the HUB??

if you are talking about the hub you need to have the ABS sencer in it if you tack weld it closed you can get crap in the barrings and the hub will not last long!

x2 just cut off as much of the wiring as you want and leave the sensor bolted in there, right behind it is where you need to fill with rtv because there is a little space where water can get in...you will see it one you try and install...as for the 13in rotors, the dust shields would really do no good because the rotor is bigger than the shield thats why people just use the shim

Damn so I ruined my new moog outer tie rod with this mod, it cleared the passenger side with no problem and it didnt look like there would be an issue with the driverside but it was close...so i pulled it out to break in the brakes this happened:
IMG193.jpg

I just went out of my garage and reversed back in because i heard it grinding...a small spacer would give me enough clearance and the rims are trash anyways so it hurt me more that my tierod got f'd up and i just had the car aligned..

Dayum rich!!! before you installed the mod, did you mke sure u had clearence? was it even on moth side? i had that problem after installing the front suspension, my passanger side outer tierod was touching the irocs when i would put it back on the ground, all i did was jack it up and loosen the adjustment sleeve and turn the tierod like 5 times andit worked for me...

if i were u i wouldnt even take back for an alignment and do it yourself...hope u get it fixed bro...need help holla..

I thought the spindle had the same mounting locations as the stock gbody spindle? I may have to take a look at this when my car is finished.

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Dayum rich!!! before you installed the mod, did you mke sure u had clearence? was it even on moth side? i had that problem after installing the front suspension, my passanger side outer tierod was touching the irocs when i would put it back on the ground, all i did was jack it up and loosen the adjustment sleeve and turn the tierod like 5 times andit worked for me...

if i were u i wouldnt even take back for an alignment and do it yourself...hope u get it fixed bro...need help holla..

it was close with the car jacked up but i thought it would be alright... I guess once i turned the wheels the arm shifted enough to start touching but i barely pulled out of my garage then just reversed right back in because i heard it grinding.. Im getting some 18's irocs soon so it wont be a problem then and the car was computer aligned and straight so i dont want to touch it i just need some like 1/8th in spacers for the two front wheels and it will be good. only the driver side rubbed the passenger side was good

V6UnderPressure said:
I thought the spindle had the same mounting locations as the stock gbody spindle? I may have to take a look at this when my car is finished.

Everything is still the same i think it just brings the wheels in about an 1/8th of an inch because it was close even with the stock set up, those rims came on the elco when i got it and they are probably the wrong offset as well.. it was barely scraping the edge of the rim, it looks worse then what it is because those rims have all the chrome peeling and stuff rofl: damage was just to the edge, these are 16in double stripe irocs btw:

WoW that is odd and i can only say that can happen if there not stock rims with an odd off set. i know stock 14's aluminum will fit fine.

damn rich i hate to see that :shock: ...that was a learning experience that created that lifetime mental note of things to never let happen twice....i will be doing my upgrade this weekend if can get this steering kit and hubs in..i'll definitely make sure i count these threads on the ties rod closely now for sure...i'm sure you'll have the elco back up in no time..

I guess its just a problem with these rims, there 16in with 4.5 back space, i saw people having the same issue on blazer forums, But i put two 1/8th in spacers and i got just enough clearance to be able to move it around. The elco just sits in the garage for now so its not really driven, and with a 5/16th spacer i wasn't comfortable with the amount of threads i had left and i even stripped one lug nut trying to tighten the rim back on. I'll be getting some 18s next month so it wont be an issue then.

Good luck on your swap! if your planning on reusing you ball joints and steering components make sure you use a pitman arm puller like this
41dwzzIoM5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
and not a pickle fork because you will ruin your boots and local parts stores dont carry them. So you will have to order them like I did and waste a week..I rented that puller from autozone but just ended up keeping it because it comes in handy i removed pitman arm, balljoints from the spindle and tierods just using that one tool..make sure its the pitman puller and not the tierod one that ain't worth sh*t.. :rofl:

Has anyone found some rust free dust shields yet??? I know a few people mentioned they had them. Trying to find a set to complete my build.

By the way, would anyone be interested in stainless delete plates for the ABS sensor? I just had some prototypes made that would simply be similar to an egr block off plate with one bolt holding it in. I'll show some pics when I get them.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor