A 87 Monte G-Body lovers can really appreciate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
WOW! first i must saw wow to a insane custom, very nice, very creative! next i must say wow cause all of you people hateing on this thing is first of nuts and second flat out rude, yes rude. if you dont like it then keep it to yourself. i personally think that it is a very cool ride, i may have changed some things on it but i like it. that car expresses a persons creativity and dedication. you people saying a g body needs to be retored to stock..... how many of you guys still have the stock motor your car came with??? unless you have a turbo regal your motor stock flat out sucks, they were one of the bigger disappointments gm ever did. i am willing to bet 95% of the people on here either have a built v8 or want one, how is that stock??? i grew up helping build street rods and my cars reflect it, this is a modern street rod and you can see alot of classic street rod influence in this car. this car is more unique and will turn more heads then most of the cars on this site including my own, the thing does not have 13s and hydros, it is nor jacked up on 30" wheels but it does have unique styling, extreme custumization and a similar motor to what we all want/have. if this guy listened to what everyone else like it would not be his car, it would be everyone elses! i have been building g body cars for over a decade and if i listened to what everyone else thought about my cars i would not own a g body, i would be rolling in a honda or lexus or something. instead i fell in love with a car that everybody else wrote off as junk, i have never paid more then 500 bucks for a g body! cause nobody wanted them, but i did! and now you guys are hateing on a guy that took a car that most people hate and made something that is just flat out cool! i can assure you that this car will get attention where ever it goes, i bet if this thing is ever seen by a person such as boyd, he would stop and look at it, admire it, and appreciate it! you people are sitting on your asses hateing on others work??? i bet this guy is out working on a car right now because he is truely a car lover to put that kind of dedication into such a project. you guys can hate me and talk sh*t about me for posting this but you know what, if you guys are going to talk down on a car that most kick to the curb and send to the crusher then you need to re evalute your hobby. mad props on the car, one of the best i have seen yet! im disapointed in some of you........ :(

ryanwitski

Master Mechanic
Nov 5, 2006
OH
this thread is getting too brutal... I say lock and shut it down! :(

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
i'm sorry, i forgot this is the new p*ssy america. we all have to kiss *ss and agree with everything. nobody is allowed to have their own opinion. well i never was too good at conforming, so i still say they spent alot of someone else's money, put alot of work into the car, and i don't like the car. if you have a problem, sucks to be you.

my final word on this thread.

1980Gbody

Greasemonkey
Mar 17, 2007
Warren MI
regalman4925 said:
WOW! first i must saw wow to a insane custom, very nice, very creative! next i must say wow cause all of you people hateing on this thing is first of nuts and second flat out rude, yes rude. if you dont like it then keep it to yourself. i personally think that it is a very cool ride, i may have changed some things on it but i like it. that car expresses a persons creativity and dedication. you people saying a g body needs to be retored to stock..... how many of you guys still have the stock motor your car came with??? unless you have a turbo regal your motor stock flat out sucks, they were one of the bigger disappointments gm ever did. i am willing to bet 95% of the people on here either have a built v8 or want one, how is that stock??? i grew up helping build street rods and my cars reflect it, this is a modern street rod and you can see alot of classic street rod influence in this car. this car is more unique and will turn more heads then most of the cars on this site including my own, the thing does not have 13s and hydros, it is nor jacked up on 30" wheels but it does have unique styling, extreme custumization and a similar motor to what we all want/have. if this guy listened to what everyone else like it would not be his car, it would be everyone elses! i have been building g body cars for over a decade and if i listened to what everyone else thought about my cars i would not own a g body, i would be rolling in a honda or lexus or something. instead i fell in love with a car that everybody else wrote off as junk, i have never paid more then 500 bucks for a g body! cause nobody wanted them, but i did! and now you guys are hateing on a guy that took a car that most people hate and made something that is just flat out cool! i can assure you that this car will get attention where ever it goes, i bet if this thing is ever seen by a person such as boyd, he would stop and look at it, admire it, and appreciate it! you people are sitting on your asses hateing on others work??? i bet this guy is out working on a car right now because he is truely a car lover to put that kind of dedication into such a project. you guys can hate me and talk sh*t about me for posting this but you know what, if you guys are going to talk down on a car that most kick to the curb and send to the crusher then you need to re evalute your hobby. mad props on the car, one of the best i have seen yet! im disapointed in some of you........ :(

thats funny u say ulll be driving a honda buecause what someone else like i never seem to get a bad comment about my car from anyone they all love my car and yea i would prolly turn more heads then that car i mean i had the car for 3 years and prolly over 200 people who asked me if i wanted to sell it so wut u think is in right now being a honda haha that the biggest joke i heard maybe a subie or mitsu yea but a honda hmm o and about the whole boyd stopping at the 2006 autorama we had chip foose actualy come by during set up day and check out our cars and comment how bad *ss are cars were and didnt exspect that kinda sh*t from high school student. and of course i just cant go work on a car and go that crazy with it unless i had someone backing me with a $100,000.

1980Gbody

Greasemonkey
Mar 17, 2007
Warren MI
regalman4925 said:
i dont recall saying anything bad about a honda......

u didnt u just said thats what everyone else likes

andrewmp6

Master Mechanic
Sep 9, 2007
i finaly seen the b*st*rd of a a car damn its ugly. i hope it burns down to the ground why make a monte carlo to a halfassed wagon.

diggler68

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 23, 2007
megaladon6 said:
i'm sorry, i forgot this is the new p*ssy america. we all have to kiss *ss and agree with everything. nobody is allowed to have their own opinion. well i never was too good at conforming, so i still say they spent alot of someone else's money, put alot of work into the car, and i don't like the car. if you have a problem, sucks to be you.

my final word on this thread.

Man, nobody said to kiss *ss, nor did anybody say everybody should agree with everybody else, if we all agreed on everything, we'd all be driving the same sh*t. I've been a member of quite a few forums since I've been able to afford a car. This forum is by far the most brutal with flaming people. I read alot of other threads, in other sections on here, anybody who breaks out of your little "musclecar box" seems to get the sh*t slammed out them. I've been on Vette, Lt1, SAAB(yes, I've owned 3 of them as well), Nissan(still a big fan of the SR20), and numorous Car and Car Audio related forums. Most are happy to see a new member in the community, and were always very tasteful in voicing their opinions. While I make no claims to be a G-body GURU, I bet I've took apart and put back together more G-Bodies than the majority on this forum. I've done all sorts of engine swaps, suspension upgrades(tubular a-arms/sway bars/etc), interior upgrades(custom center consoles that matched the era of the car) and other mods that looked like they could have been factory. Some of you guys are like ****ing G-Body Nazis, its your way or its a piece of sh*t. I will gracefully bow out of this forum, posting and dealing with KEYBOARD WARRIORS isn't "MY CUP OF TEA". Thank you for your opinions, good or bad, those who flamed me, you'll eventually outgrow your little box and appreciate other things one day.

87MonteSS

Master Mechanic
Jan 3, 2006
Winnipeg, Canada
The issue, in my opinion, was the title of the thread. It stinks of attitude and set a lot of us up for thinking that it was a really cool custom job.

Sorry, it isn't cool at all. The only thing G-body about it is the front clip and the tail lights. Everything else has been hacked and slashed off of it.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Well, I hate to say this, but I think this'll be the first thread I've locked down on the board. Why? It's quickly degenerated into name-calling and 'yer car sux0rs' type of junk. WTF is up with that?

:soapbox:

I replied first with a little quip about it, since 1) I have a G-Body AND 2) I drive a Magnum and I thought it was kinda funny. I didn't particularly mean anything derogatory by it. Yeah I chimed in later, and probably shouldn't have.

I'm sure a lot of work (and obviously $$$) went into it. There were a few who liked it. Is it original? Sure, I'll give you that.

Do I like the car? Not really. That's just my taste though. Like I said in the thread "I don't get it."

But that's just me. And I think I can speak for a lot of others.

And we're not all "musclecar" or "restoration" types like you seem to think, browse around and there are plenty of the "lowrider" types. There's a thread going on about frame-notching right now if I recall. There was another thread somebody posted a whole mess of "lowrider" G-Body photos to. I think we run a pretty wide range of tastes.

Maybe its time to start a "lowrider" or "custom" (or whatever you want to label it as) section of the site? That way you guys don't have to knock heads like this again!

Thread is closed. New poll/thread will be created on the topic of creating a new forum section....

Behave yourselves next time! Myself included! :friday:

[EDIT: PM me if there's any big disagreement w/ me closing the thread... I'll listen to it!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor