A/c box to heater only box question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
Is changing the boxes as easy as replacing the ac one with a non ac one? Car is a 78 buick regal. If it is do I have to get one from that year range regal or does it matter?

RUSTY OL BU

Apprentice
Sep 4, 2009
Fort Fun, Indiana
I am pretty sure you need almost everything. i.e. The control face plate,cables for the controls,box,and the electrical harness. :friday:

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
I've written the 'how to' for this a few times now, but long story short, every single piece is different between the a/c and non a/c systems, which will require you to completely remove your dash.

monte olrac

G-Body Guru
Feb 11, 2009
Wichita damn Falls Tx.
this is my fiberglass reconstruction

moddedacbox.jpg

illregal

Apprentice
Nov 13, 2009
man'that looks a hell of alot better.im deffinatley gonna do something with mine,cause i aint spendin a million dollars on a non a/c box and ripping the dash out.thanks for posting the pic :D

monte olrac

G-Body Guru
Feb 11, 2009
Wichita damn Falls Tx.
illregal said:
man'that looks a hell of alot better.im deffinatley gonna do something with mine,cause i aint spendin a million dollars on a non a/c box and ripping the dash out.thanks for posting the pic :D

There's a post on here where a guy did the same thing but it was MUCH better than mine 100% better you should check out the related post to find it

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
illregal said:

I have a complete set-up and its not gonna cost ya a million bucks..Pm me if interested..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor