Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Mikey,
It's a common problem on these cars.
Btw, your Regal is clean as a whistle...nice car.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Mikey

Apprentice
May 1, 2016
High Point, NC
Mikey,
It's a common problem on these cars.
Btw, your Regal is clean as a whistle...nice car.

Thank you sir. My aunt bought the car new. When she passed, my Mom got the car. My Mom passed two years ago. My brother wanted to sell it, but I decided to keep it and fix it up. Interior was good except for the headliner. I installed a new headliner, put new shocks, put in a new ac kit. Had a little dent in passenger door, so I got a friend to fix the dent and paint it. Now, if I can get this air flow problem fixed, I will be happy.
Love your wagon! Looks great!

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thank you sir. My aunt bought the car new. When she passed, my Mom got the car. My Mom passed two years ago. My brother wanted to sell it, but I decided to keep it and fix it up. Interior was good except for the headliner. I installed a new headliner, put new shocks, put in a new ac kit. Had a little dent in passenger door, so I got a friend to fix the dent and paint it. Now, if I can get this air flow problem fixed, I will be happy.
Love your wagon! Looks great!
Thank you sir. I appreciate it.
I'm glad you decided to keep the car in the family. I think it was a prudent decision on your part. Nothing like knowing the history of the car from day one. Good luck with it...it's a sweet ride.

Mikey

Apprentice
May 1, 2016
High Point, NC
Just pull the radio bezel, then the heater controls. There are 2 plugs (1 vacuum, 1 electric) behind the glove box.

I was looking for pics to post, but can't find them. On mine, the pivot on the vacuum selector broke, and I repaired it with a really short piece of hose and a self tapping screw.
Just pull the radio bezel, then the heater controls. There are 2 plugs (1 vacuum, 1 electric) behind the glove box.
Nice 442!! Have a friend here in High Point, NC that had a ‘67. He bought it new, kept it until about 4 or 5 years ago. Can’t believe he sold it. Some guy offered him $30k for it and he sold it.
Thanks for the info about selector on heater control! Got it out today and checked it. All the connections were good and the selector wheel worked as well. Must be a problem somewhere else. Thanks again!

Mikey

Apprentice
May 1, 2016
High Point, NC

I was looking for pics to post, but can't find them. On mine, the pivot on the vacuum selector broke, and I repaired it with a really short piece of hose and a self tapping screw.
Today after checking vacuum lines and reservoir and checking to be sure I had vacuum on the purple line at the heater control (had vacuum), I guess my heater control is malfunctioning. Gonna take it out and see if I can tell what is wrong with it. Hope I’m as fortunate as you and can fix mine like you did yours.

Mikey

Apprentice
May 1, 2016
High Point, NC
I've replaced the vacuum selector on the dash. I actually went thru a few units before finding one that worked properly. Of course, I went thru used units. I'm not sure if new ones are available.
I believe it's the selector wheel that goes bad and is unable direct vacuum as it was meant to.
Also, make sure your blend doors are functioning properly.
Hey longroof.....where are the blend doors you are talking about, so I can check mine on the old 85 Regal? I am about to try replacing the selector wheel, but want to check the doors you are talking about too. You have always been so helpful and I thank you for it.

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Hey longroof.....where are the blend doors you are talking about, so I can check mine on the old 85 Regal? I am about to try replacing the selector wheel, but want to check the doors you are talking about too. You have always been so helpful and I thank you for it.
Mikey,
They're located under the dash closer to the firewall. You'll see the flaps under there with a vacuum powered servo on each door....you can't miss it.
You can also test them with a Mity-vac brake bleeder/ pump by disconnecting the hose attached to the servo and connecting the Mity-Vac to it.
There's one centrally located and one on the far right.

Mikey

Apprentice
May 1, 2016
High Point, NC
Mikey,
They're located under the dash closer to the firewall. You'll see the flaps under there with a vacuum powered servo on each door....you can't miss it.
You can also test them with a Mity-vac brake bleeder/ pump by disconnecting the hose attached to the servo and connecting the Mity-Vac to it.
There's one centrally located and one on the far right.
I think you had some pictures posted of the one on the far right from your car on this thread. It’s directly behind glove box on mine. I just haven’t noticed the one to the left of that one. I just bought a bleeder/pump last week. So, if I hook up the pump to them, they should hold a reading?

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I think you had some pictures posted of the one on the far right from your car on this thread. It’s directly behind glove box on mine. I just haven’t noticed the one to the left of that one. I just bought a bleeder/pump last week. So, if I hook up the pump to them, they should hold a reading?
Absolutely. It should at least hold the blend door or flap open.. I've never heard of the servos going bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor