Gainesville, Fl
Reactions: 1 user

Mikey

Apprentice
May 1, 2016
High Point, NC
You are more than welcome, Sir.
We're all here to help one another.
I just wanted to say thanks to all of you guys for taking time to help me with fixing the old ‘85 Regal. I couldn’t have replaced my heater core or known how to get the air blowing out of my dash vents without you sharing your knowledge with me. Just now got the air flow to dash vents working. Had to replace the vacuum control valve selector on my heater control. You guys are amazing and I thank you for all the information you have shared with me!
Thanks Longroof79, airboatgreg, pontiacgp, 1evilregal, , joesregalproject, MrSony, pagrunt, mikester!

Reactions: 3 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Mikey,
I'm glad it worked out for you. Helping out each other is what makes this a great hobby and what this forum is all about.

Keep the shiny side up. (y)

Reactions: 1 users

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
I just wanted to say thanks to all of you guys for taking time to help me with fixing the old ‘85 Regal. I couldn’t have replaced my heater core or known how to get the air blowing out of my dash vents without you sharing your knowledge with me. Just now got the air flow to dash vents working. Had to replace the vacuum control valve selector on my heater control. You guys are amazing and I thank you for all the information you have shared with me!
Thanks Longroof79, airboatgreg, pontiacgp, 1evilregal, , joesregalproject, MrSony, pagrunt, mikester!

Would you be able to tell me where you got the control valve selector from? Mine is acting the same way. Blows out the top and the floor, nothing out the vents.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I think it may be this: http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...ir+conditioning,a/c+vacuum+control+valve,7036
15-71389_Primary__ra_t.jpg

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

Mikey

Apprentice
May 1, 2016
High Point, NC
Fleming442 is correct, that is the vacuum control valve. I bought mine from rock auto. Longroof79 is correct also, it IS an expensive POS. Cost me $53, but I was so glad to get it fixed!

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Very welcome Mikey. That's what the forum is for. We all want to see each other succeed in their endeavours and do our best to help one another out when we can.

WBOWERS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 7, 2018
Wayne, Michigan
First i just want to say hi to all. then a big thank you for the pics of vacuum lines under dash for heater controls. I just got my first elcamino. An 82' that some one butchered. finally got all new brake system on it. So we start and stop now. i am getting ready to drive it in the detroit gambler 500 this april. BEFORE replacing any body panels etc.This is a project for my daughter and I to do for her.

• Winner
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor