Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Mr Bowers,
I see you're a new member of the forum. We welcome you...but if you can post an introduction and tell us what you're working on, it would appreciated.
...and a few pics would be cool as well....we all love pics here.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

WBOWERS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 7, 2018
Wayne, Michigan
Mr Bowers,
I see you're a new member of the forum. We welcome you...but if you can post an introduction and tell us what you're working on, it would appreciated.
...and a few pics would be cool as well....we all love pics here.

Thought I did. Sorry. My name is Walter. I like long nights in the garage. I’m a cancer. Lol. Currently working on a 82 elcamino and doing a little to my 72’ cutlass supreme. Looking forward to learning from you all here. This is my first Chevy engine of my own to do. For some reason it’s not letting me add a pic frustrated now. keeps telling me file to large. I'll have to work on that.

Last edited:

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thought I did. Sorry. My name is Walter. I like long nights in the garage. I’m a cancer. Lol. Currently working on a 82 elcamino and doing a little to my 72’ cutlass supreme. Looking forward to learning from you all here. This is my first Chevy engine of my own to do. For some reason it’s not letting me add a pic frustrated now. keeps telling me file to large. I'll have to work on that.
Welcome, Walter.
Nice to have aboard. Hope you enjoy the forum and what it has to offer. There's a good, friendly bunch of guys here, and more than willing to help answer questions, etc.

Roddarius

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 23, 2011
Louisiana
I’m a new member my name is Rod’Darius I’m 16 years old. I have a 1985 Cutlass with a/c issues it’s blowing cold on the floor & in the dash nothing coming through the vents. I took the glove box out I see a door it opens & closes. I make sure the blend door was open by hand. I nothing the thing is broken when I turn it to heat it finest move. Not sure how to repair that. I see the cable is good just don’t know how to hook it back on.

Attachments

• 26848CE8-D04F-49EE-8516-928906072CED.jpeg
    26848CE8-D04F-49EE-8516-928906072CED.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 279
  • 50451D68-2B15-463E-9022-AC14E8C29601.jpeg
    50451D68-2B15-463E-9022-AC14E8C29601.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 303

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
  • Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
I’m a new member my name is Rod’Darius I’m 16 years old. I have a 1985 Cutlass with a/c issues it’s blowing cold on the floor & in the dash nothing coming through the vents. I took the glove box out I see a door it opens & closes. I make sure the blend door was open by hand. I nothing the thing is broken when I turn it to heat it finest move. Not sure how to repair that. I see the cable is good just don’t know how to hook it back on.

If you are getting vacuum inside the car, its most likely the vacuum control valve.

The vacuum control valve is made out of two cheap plastic piece that are snapped together. The tabs of the snap get brittle and break, and the two discs can't hold vacuum. You can hold the discs together with an '8-32 screw/nylock nut. Tighten until it just has enough tension to hold vacuum, but allow for free movement.

• Agree

WBOWERS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 7, 2018
Wayne, Michigan
If you are getting vacuum inside the car, its most likely the vacuum control valve.

The vacuum control valve is made out of two cheap plastic piece that are snapped together. The tabs of the snap get brittle and break, and the two discs can't hold vacuum. You can hold the discs together with an '8-32 screw/nylock nut. Tighten until it just has enough tension to hold vacuum, but allow for free movement.

LOOKS LIKE I WILL BE TRYING THIS TOO..

Roddarius

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 23, 2011
Louisiana

Thanks so much I had a used contact panel I took that part off out it on mine & withing minutes I had air coming out the vents. Now I need help getting the air to blow on high. I changed the fan motor, high low fan relay & another thing by the fan motor. It’s still not blowing on high. I tried the used control panel it’s still won’t blow on high. Any info would be on getting this solved would be greatly appreciated.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Thanks so much I had a used contact panel I took that part off out it on mine & withing minutes I had air coming out the vents. Now I need help getting the air to blow on high. I changed the fan motor, high low fan relay & another thing by the fan motor. It’s still not blowing on high. I tried the used control panel it’s still won’t blow on high. Any info would be on getting this solved would be greatly appreciated.
high speed is direct battery power. idk if you have four season ac or not, but the thick red wire is still in the same location.

Attachments

• FourSeasonAirConditioner.jpg
    FourSeasonAirConditioner.jpg
    354.4 KB · Views: 464
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor