A/C & heater control vacuum line info

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
IIRC, the power for that red wire is on a fusible link at the starter. Verify power at the relay, first. If you have no juice, it's time to chase it out.

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
The one on my '89 TTA went bad and they aren't $53, they are unobtanium.

I fixed it with a 1/2" 8-32 Screw, Nylock nut and a washer. Costs $1.18 to fix 8 cars @ Menards.
Thank you for sharing that great tip. Anything to make a crappy part more efficient and effective.
Most appreciated.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I found that a common problem with lack of high speed blower operation is usually the contact(s) in the plug/ connector over the right side valve cover. You need to burnish and clean the contacts. It's worked for me every time.

Roddarius

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 23, 2011
Louisiana
Looking at the circuit diagram, the most likely culprit for the high speed blower not working is the high speed blower relay, either contacts or power to the relay or the relay itself,

I changed the relay all the contacts on it looks good no rust the wires looks good also.

Roddarius

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 23, 2011
Louisiana
I found that a common problem with lack of high speed blower operation is usually the contact(s) in the plug/ connector over the right side valve cover. You need to burnish and clean the contacts. It's worked for me every time.

I’ll give that a try thanks.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Can you help me figure out where & what the red wire goes to?
FourSeasonAirConditioner.jpg

Middle left, only red wire in the whole system. Its way thicker than all the others, it's direct battery power. Look at the starter and find any thickish red wires, see where they go.

Roddarius

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 23, 2011
Louisiana
high speed is direct battery power. idk if you have four season ac or not, but the thick red wire is still in the same location.

If you are getting vacuum inside the car, its most likely the vacuum control valve.

The vacuum control valve is made out of two cheap plastic piece that are snapped together. The tabs of the snap get brittle and break, and the two discs can't hold vacuum. You can hold the discs together with an '8-32 screw/nylock nut. Tighten until it just has enough tension to hold vacuum, but allow for free movement.

Thank you so much. I changed that piece & now I got air coming from all vents. The only issue I have now is the blower won’t blow on high speed. I changed the blower, blower resistor & relay. I was told by another member that I should have red wire hooked up for the high speed. Can you explain to me where I can look to solve that problem?

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa

Thank you so much. I changed that piece & now I got air coming from all vents. The only issue I have now is the blower won’t blow on high speed. I changed the blower, blower resistor & relay. I was told by another member that I should have red wire hooked up for the high speed. Can you explain to me where I can look to solve that problem?

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor