A/C Sensing Bulb Location?

Status
Not open for further replies.

87GP

Greasemonkey
Jul 15, 2006
Hi Guys
Need some help. 78 El camino. Changed out the evap, accumulator, hoses, compressor (A6) etc. Put the sensing bulb from the cycling switch back on the inlet (orifice tube) pipe of the evap. Cycling switch didn't work so I replaced it with new Factory Air swich. But I was told it should have the bulb mounted on the suction side which is the outlet of the evap. Someone on an AC forum told me this was wrong that it should be on the inlet pipe. Can someone please tell where it goes?
thanks

I beleive the sensing bulb is to sense evap temp, therefore it should be on the outlet

Yeah I keep getting different answers? When I replaced the evap it was mounted with a small hose clamp on the inlet pipe. Someone on ECC told me that was wrong and it should be on the outlet.
Then I asked on AC forums and was told it should be on inlet as per the 1978 Mitchell AC repair manual. So I figured I'd ask here since any early G body should be set up the same.

As long as it was clamped to the pipe past (upstream) the orfice tube, then I would clamp it back in its original postition. Just dont clamp it to the pipe before the orfice tube

Well yeah "original" in as far as that's how it was when I got the elky. But trying to be sure that's where it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor