A/C Swap Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

xylorex

Master Mechanic
Aug 2, 2018
New Orleans, LA
Did you use an Olds or F body condenser?
Will F body hose work on the Olds condenser?

to be honest, it was on a c10 truck, i was able to use all the other original parts. if you look up the parts on oreilly or some other parts site you can find the connection sizes.

a few years later, i ended up upgrading to a sanden style compressor with the dirty dingo kit: r4 to sanden serpentine adapter

Reactions: 1 users

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
F body hoses work very well. I put them on my GP they just need some gentle twisting. The f body condenser will also fit I used that as well.
073.JPG

Reactions: 3 users

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Jamie, I used a serpentine setup from an '88 Firebird on my Monte. I used the suction/discharge hose assembly from the Firebird, with some gentle tweaking, and a condenser from a Cutlass with the 307 Olds. It worked fine. Are you using the newer alternator? I believe there is an adapter harness that allows you to plug the newer alternator into the existing vehicle harness.

Reactions: 1 users

Clarmo

Master Mechanic
Jan 29, 2016
Ottawa, Canada
Jamie, I used a serpentine setup from an '88 Firebird on my Monte. I used the suction/discharge hose assembly from the Firebird, with some gentle tweaking, and a condenser from a Cutlass with the 307 Olds. It worked fine. Are you using the newer alternator? I believe there is an adapter harness that allows you to plug the newer alternator into the existing vehicle harness.
Thanks for the info.
And yes I got a connector for the alternator
E6E6FAFC-1783-476E-AC42-1FCC53DB96F3.jpeg

Clarmo

Master Mechanic
Jan 29, 2016
Ottawa, Canada
I've ordered an Olds Cutlass 307ci Condenser, Evaporator, Accumulator, Orifice tube and...
A suction/discharge hose assembly for an F body. Also an electrical connector for the compressor.

Question
-There is no diode on the new connector for the compressor clutch like the old compressor connector. Should I install one?

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Sweet I need a condensor, good to know. I need to price out a 3rd gen F body vs a Olds G body one.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
You are going to need a liquid line (small diameter hard line that runs from the evaporator to the condenser) off of a Cutlass. I sourced mine on here (a used one). I'm not aware of them being available new.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
You are going to need a liquid line (small diameter hard line that runs from the evaporator to the condenser) off of a Cutlass. I sourced mine on here (a used one). I'm not aware of them being available new.
I had to use my original since I could not find a reproduction, it was the only part I didn't replace with a new one

Last edited:

Clarmo

Master Mechanic
Jan 29, 2016
Ottawa, Canada
Ya, I looked and couldn't find one. I'll modify the original one or I was thinking of just making a new one. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor