A/C vacuum problem need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
When I bought the car. The previous owner had the vacuum lines all messed up. Two years later and I am still straighten them out. I did stop by the parts store and picked up a couple small check valves and vacuum hose. I would like to find some bigger check valves for some of the bigger lines. I do plan on changing my intake setup to blow through this winter. So all that extra crap will be gone. There will be a big problem with vacuum after I put the bigger turbo and intake on though. I will be loosing the A/C for a while next year until I can figure out how to make a bracket to work. A idea I have had is. Some of the older Ford straight trucks with diesel engine have a small electric vacuum pump for the vent system.
20170529_170725.jpg
You can see why these cars are vacuum line night mares.

• Optimistic
Reactions: 1 user

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
When I bought the car. The previous owner had the vacuum lines all messed up. Two years later and I am still straighten them out. I did stop by the parts store and picked up a couple small check valves and vacuum hose. I would like to find some bigger check valves for some of the bigger lines. I do plan on changing my intake setup to blow through this winter. So all that extra crap will be gone. There will be a big problem with vacuum after I put the bigger turbo and intake on though. I will be loosing the A/C for a while next year until I can figure out how to make a bracket to work. A idea I have had is. Some of the older Ford straight trucks with diesel engine have a small electric vacuum pump for the vent system. View attachment 68740 You can see why these cars are vacuum line night mares.
It looks like your alternator belt might squeak a little bit ;-)

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I put a check valve in the feed line to the ball. I drove my car to work and tryed the vents, and it seems to be working now. I have A/C now!

Reactions: 2 users

1STLATIGERDIVISON

Greasemonkey
Nov 6, 2016
NW Louiwiana
Mine did that also however it wasn't a valve it was a leaking vac line might ck that first. As I learned during the course of growing up with my first car a 1950 Plymouth wipers were vac. At higher speed the less they would wipe until I let off the gas then they wiped great. The lil flat head 6 was robbing the vac bank , so look it over well for a leak, poorly connected line , the valve & etc. ur engine is pulling more vac at the 60 mph. Find ur vac loss or u may have to boost the vac. So at 60 the vents switch to floor so what happens when u throttle back to say 50 mph? Is ur vac line off the manifold or another source? U can run a separate independent line also for ur valve so the vac has a solo source . Hope this helped. I put a diff cam in the car u see here has a 350 with EFI. I lost 10 inches of vav. Vents to floor power brakes was like having the old Manuel brakes. Remedy vac pump which can get noisy. Good luck with ur vac problem.
Gary

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Mine did that also however it wasn't a valve it was a leaking vac line might ck that first. As I learned during the course of growing up with my first car a 1950 Plymouth wipers were vac. At higher speed the less they would wipe until I let off the gas then they wiped great. The lil flat head 6 was robbing the vac bank , so look it over well for a leak, poorly connected line , the valve & etc. ur engine is pulling more vac at the 60 mph. Find ur vac loss or u may have to boost the vac. So at 60 the vents switch to floor so what happens when u throttle back to say 50 mph? Is ur vac line off the manifold or another source? U can run a separate independent line also for ur valve so the vac has a solo source . Hope this helped. I put a diff cam in the car u see here has a 350 with EFI. I lost 10 inches of vav. Vents to floor power brakes was like having the old Manuel brakes. Remedy vac pump which can get noisy. Good luck with ur vac problem.
Gary
My main problem was it is a boosted engine. So lack of vacuum to begin with. I remedied it with a check valve. Good info though. Hopefully it will help some others.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor