A Fabricobbler's Guide to the Turbo Buick Galaxy- Cutlass Rehash

Oh and every time I go on a drag weekend and see stuff running deep 8's my brain starts thinking.

This simple dimple LC9 4th gen with a 91mm was running 8.1's. Dad said he would sell me back the 99 firebird. I've got a th400 and 285k lm4 sitting between the fenders of a Rainier 😂

Attachments

• PXL_20240929_033455571.jpg
    PXL_20240929_033455571.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 2
It's easy to gather up parts for 'someday'. And with your fab skills, you can do whatever you want. I'd love to see you splurge for a Microsquirt to put on the Cutlass - the larger turbo without an IC would be shocking what you could accomplish on a budget. And I am envious of your transmission skills. It's a true accomplishment IMO that your transmission works so flawlessly.

It's easy to gather up parts for 'someday'. And with your fab skills, you can do whatever you want. I'd love to see you splurge for a Microsquirt to put on the Cutlass - the larger turbo without an IC would be shocking what you could accomplish on a budget. And I am envious of your transmission skills. It's a true accomplishment IMO that your transmission works so flawlessly.

I have a 6062 VSR T4 and gate, some 3" bends for a downpipe and some treadstone endtanks for an intercooler on the shelf. All I need to buy is some charge pipe and the actual intercooler core (along with some TIG filler and gas) and I have a good path forward to un-cork the exhaust side of this setup. Kinda wishy-washy on timing. I'd love to do Sick Summer next June but I'd want to get the turbo and IC swapped which is a multi-month project if I were to take the Cutlass and give myself time to test in May. I have the 2+2 to put back together as well.

I have a plan for a Holley TermX on the cutlass as 2 turbo buick parts companies already supply kits so the tunes and support exists. That's a full rewire though so I am trying to delay that as long as possible. The GN swap termX harness is like $1600 alone plus the Term X ECU so screw that. Plus with a swap car 25% of the stuff on the Caspers harness I don't need. I plan to buy the universal SFI TPI Holley harness kit and add/subtract what I don't need from the harness, but that's a significant time investment.

100% on the trans. I feel pretty accomplished with it working as great as it does never having done a 2004r or any auto trans for that matter. Working with Husek helped a lot along with the book loan. Thanks again for the replacement input shaft and book, would have been much harder without. I want to pull the pan and swap the filter and fluid since it's broken in now but overall really happy. It shifts firm but not jarring and no sign of slipping or unsure gear changes. Shift points are right on and the converter works great, calculates out to like 8% slip in 3rd gear and it stays at 4100-5200 rpm the entire time. My only complaint is the slight pan leak but I just need to spend the money on the lubelocker pan gasket.

I've been looking at 4th gen 8.50 cage kits and skimming off the greasy bottom of Marketplace for tube front K members, torque arm relocation parts and other parts so I'm in deep now lol...

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor