A few pics of my 83 Cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Van

G-Body Guru
Nov 8, 2009
Middle Ga.
The car is more strip than street but does get driven on the street quite a bit too.
The Kirkey seats I may go with are the pro street type seats and (to me anyway) are quite comfortable. But I have been saying I was gonna get those for a couple years now...LOL.
And as far as the door bars go, yeah they HAVE to be there to be legal at the track anyway. The carpet on the dash is just a dash cover that I had back in the early 90's and somehow still winds up on there sometimes. If I leave it on there it lays down a lot better than in the pics. Also noticed that I coulda tied the wires under the dash up a little better before posting pics...LOL

Oh yeah, and the intake is a Team G intake with the tall plenum.

81dragcutlass83

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 30, 2010
rockford il
ok im still new with this high tec stuff but what is the thing in the middle where the radio used to be and what motor are you running looks like a sbc anymore details

86_olds

G-Body Guru
Jul 26, 2009
so cal
81dragcutlass83 said:
ok im still new with this high tec stuff but what is the thing in the middle where the radio used to be and what motor are you running looks like a sbc anymore details
looks like a PA system so u can talk sh*t to the other drivers while racing ..lol jk idk either

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Looks like a delay box.

Chris Van

G-Body Guru
Nov 8, 2009
Middle Ga.
FE3X CLONE said:
Looks like a delay box.

Yes It's a delay box. I usually run the super pro class when bracket racing and occassionally a few heads up/index races here and there. A delay box is a necessity in the super pro/electronics/box (or whatever you call it at your track) class.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
Sweet lookin Cutty, glad you finally broke your cherry and posted some pics...........So what numbers do you have in the 1320', tell us a bit about that sweet set up !! :D

Chris Van

G-Body Guru
Nov 8, 2009
Middle Ga.
Well a lot of cars out there are a lot faster than they look these days and I'd love to tell ya this was an 8 second ride but I'd be lying. So for now, 10's will have to do.
The setup is pretty basic too. 406 with a roller cam and a set of "out of the box" brodix track ones with a glide and a 10" converter. No nitrous, no blower, turbo or any other high dollar add ons. Just a fun little ride to play with. Upgraded from the 8.5 10 bolt to a 9" over last winter too.

81dragcutlass83

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 30, 2010
rockford il
if you ever wanna help me set mine up like this or wanna sell it as a roller hit me up im trying to trade my 81 for a more complete setup lol

Chris Van

G-Body Guru
Nov 8, 2009
Middle Ga.
81dragcutlass83 said:
if you ever wanna help me set mine up like this or wanna sell it as a roller hit me up im trying to trade my 81 for a more complete setup lol

I'm always willing to help anyone out or answer any questions I can about my setup. I doubt I'll be selling this one though... LOL
I've had this car for a little over 20 years now. I couldn't count on both hands and feet the number of cars, trucks and racecars that I have been through over the years but for some reason this one has never left. I have also had more fun in this one and won more money in this car than a lot of the faster, more high dollar cars that I have been in over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor